Hot cross buns.

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hoodat

Reaction score
It's hot and my buns are cross. It has been in the mid to high 80s for several weeks now. I just checked the forecast for September and they're predicting more of the same. I don't know if I'll get any cool weather crops in my garden this year or not.
Fortunately most of my cages are on the North wall of the house so they aren't in the sun. They seem to be making it OK but they're off their feed. The only time they eat well is at night when it cools off.

Poor hot cross buns! But at least they are in the shade. It's been some summer, hasn't it? Even here... so hot and dry.

There was a huge marsh fire not too far away night before last. A hundred acres burned and the flames went fifty feet in the air. I've never heard of that happening around here before. Our nights are mostly cool now, thank goodness, and the bunnies have their fan on days when they need it.

In back in the 90's here again, after we had some cooler weather. :( We even slept with the windows open one night, but not anymore! -Wendy

We're still firmly entrenched in the 100's. Apparently some people manage to raise rabbits outside here, but I haven't figured out how yet, my buns are panting just in the partially A/C'd garage. Next week I find out if I have a crop of summer babies or if my buck went summer sterile and I've got nothing.

Its cooling off here as well , but Yeah I can understand the frustration. I had a fan on mine with frozen gallon jugs of water, I had friends saving milk jugs for me cuz the babies love to bite holes in em lol

__________ Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:21 pm __________

Its cooling off here as well , but Yeah I can understand the frustration. I had a fan on mine with frozen gallon jugs of water, I had friends saving milk jugs for me cuz the babies love to bite holes in em lol

__________ Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:21 pm __________

Its cooling off here as well , but Yeah I can understand the frustration. I had a fan on mine with frozen gallon jugs of water, I had friends saving milk jugs for me cuz the babies love to bite holes in em lol<br /><br />__________ Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:22 pm __________<br /><br />LOL No I dont stutter :-D

It was close to a hundred the other day, and another day in the 90's, but most in the mid 80's, and cooler at night. The thing is, it hasn't been as muggy and humid, so it hasn't been as bad. Supposed to a bit cooler starting mid next week, in the 70's. I'll take it! So tired of the heat!

Hoping it cools down for your buns Hoodat. Hate to hear about hot crossed buns. It's just been a strange year regarding the weather. The leaves are starting to change already for the Fall. My dogwood is already showing berries. That has happened this early. Usually be late September/early October she starts to get ready. Cool, foggy mornings and hot days has been our weather pattern this past week. I think we are headed for a hard winter this year. We got off pretty easy last year.

My spoiled buns have A/C. But do have ones that wish they were outside for a bit. With the hot, moist weather lately, more mosquitoes. Garden is pretty much done, bad crop because of the heat. So once we pull that down, it's DE time. Plus the start of growing catnip for next Spring.

Karen

Latest posts

Back