Hot and Humid

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scooter1A

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
With the humidity we have mixed with 90s and possibly no breeze today I'm putting 4 babies and 2 adults in cages in my basement today. Yesterday we had a very nice wind but today maybe not. I took some advice from here and rebred my doe after 2 weeks since she only had 4. Looks like they will be inside for 2 days before we drop a bit in temps. I totally feel for states much hotter than I. I'm staying home today and keeping an eye on buns and chickens. Lots of produce to can to stay busy with once I get them set up inside. Froze some very nice sweet corn yesterday. Not sure how they got it to grow with no rain but it was lovely and free. Made my day!! Hang in there, before we know it we'll be freezing.:cool:

I'm in Arkansas and it's hot here too. Back in June when our temps hit 120+ heat index I took two shop fans down to the barn and have ran them every day. The rabbits eat better when they are cool and it's rather nice not to sweat to death just feeding and watering lol.

I'm in Arkansas and it's hot here too. Back in June when our temps hit 120+ heat index I took two shop fans down to the barn and have ran them every day. The rabbits eat better when they are cool and it's rather nice not to sweat to death just feeding and watering lol.
not sure i could stand 120 but no choice right? hope it's better now. Arkansas is an awesome state. Illinois has turned into a sh** hole.

How hot is it in the barn with 2 fans going and 120° outside? Can rabbits become acclimated to 100° temps?

Try Dandelion

How hot is it in the barn with 2 fans going and 120° outside? Can rabbits become acclimated to 100° temps?
Those temps are not the norm for our summers and I think those temps only lasted a couple days. I didn't lose any during that really hot spell with the fans going but I know without the fans I would have lost a few. I think today it's 95 but heat index makes it feel like 100+.

Back