Hopefully Kits Soon!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, that's early, you are sure there is no way she could be due earlier? If so, I would take out most of the fur now, and save it for the real thing, might get soiled, trampled and covered otherwise. It's always good to have some fur stocked,.

Nest building that early sometimes is a hint that it's a false pregnancy, but it's not a sure sign, nothing to do but to wait full term. Good luck :).

I've had a doe do that. How old is she? If it's her first I would take it as a sign she is pregnant but just trying to figure out what to do.
Stress. Has she been moved or new neighbors? We have a little stray my daughter adopted. Bred her with our other 3 does. She started pulling hair at 2 weeks also. And had her babies outside the cage at about 3 weeks, all died. I believe she was a new mama. The doe next to her that had given me 8-10 kits twice. She never took. So we lost a potential 16 kits.
We had just moved the pens. The stray, who is very reclusive n shy, in a new pen next to our buck. She was in a stand alone pen kinda on her own. The doe that gave us good litters just didn't take but she was not next to the buck. New pen new neighbor that was a buck.
I had built new pens set it all up how I wanted to, not how the rabbits had it. And probably should have waited a week or so until I felt the were comfortable in their new homes n it cost us.
I feel. The stress of moving them into a new environment that they were not familiar with contributed. But just remembered that our neighbors attack dog got out n trying all it could do to get around me and kill those rabbits. He did around, under the pens. Tore holes in the wire with his teeth. Really shook them up. Anyhows you get my drift.
Congratulations on a doe pregnancy, you are on the way
Hope this stuff helps folks

Well, that's early, you are sure there is no way she could be due earlier? If so, I would take out most of the fur now, and save it for the real thing, might get soiled, trampled and covered otherwise. It's always good to have some fur stocked,.

Nest building that early sometimes is a hint that it's a false pregnancy, but it's not a sure sign, nothing to do but to wait full term. Good luck :).
She uses a triangle litterbox in a different corner of her cage to poop in. The hay compartment is separate. I'd rather also keep the fur since our does always pull fur the night they have kits.

I've had a doe do that. How old is she? If it's her first I would take it as a sign she is pregnant but just trying to figure out what to do.
I'm not sure, have to look. She's been bred five or six times before this one, first three she let all the babies onto the wire. The rest, she just didn't have any at all, and didnt pull out fur. (She's so fat, we make jokes that she absorbed them all)
Stress. Has she been moved or new neighbors?
She was moved to the hutch last week, but she really likes it and has been in it before.

Maybe it's time to cull
No, she has a very pretty are hard to get color. And literally all 9 of the kits she's had (That didn't make it) were her color, and we've been trying to get it for a while

Last edited:
I culled one after one 1 time, she had kits and didn’t care for them, and she was nasty she would claw me and bite me. So I got tired and after working so hard with her for a few days, she was culled. My Rule, if it doesn't pay, it doesn't stay. No matter the color age or anything. But everyone has different opinions, so it’s up to you!

We're waiting on a litter on the 17th, too! Woot!
amber.jpg

That's the momma, 'Amber'. She's a red agouti English angora and she met up with 'Axial', a black English angora buck:

axial2.jpg

They had a litter once before, but that's when I thought she was a buck and she was with Ax in the spare buck hutch. They were on the wire and rats had got them before I found them. Since she was still with Axial at that time, I'm guessing she was instant rebred so she should have some more on the 17th. Not the best way to breed bunnies but this is the first time the gender fairy has switched a buck to a doe, usually they go the other way.

Axial is the best buck from last year's spare buck hutch of nine spares. Amber didn't go to freezer camp because she was an interesting color, I wasn't quite sure what her color was at the time so I thought 'he' could stay around a bit longer so we could see what color 'he' was. I'm glad we kept the pair of them.

They've both just had haircuts, which is why they look so odd. I leave a bit more wool on them during winter time, not that it actually gets that cold around here, though.

About two weeks ago, I bred Natzumi, Cinder, and Yoshi again. So, I should have more kits around the 17th of January!View attachment 28628And Yoshi started pulling fur! She didn't do this the last two times
I hope that you get your kit soon .
We're waiting on a litter on the 17th, too! Woot!
amber.jpg

That's the momma, 'Amber'. She's a red agouti English angora and she met up with 'Axial', a black English angora buck:

axial2.jpg

They had a litter once before, but that's when I thought she was a buck and she was with Ax in the spare buck hutch. They were on the wire and rats had got them before I found them. Since she was still with Axial at that time, I'm guessing she was instant rebred so she should have some more on the 17th. Not the best way to breed bunnies but this is the first time the gender fairy has switched a buck to a doe, usually they go the other way.

Axial is the best buck from last year's spare buck hutch of nine spares. Amber didn't go to freezer camp because she was an interesting color, I wasn't quite sure what her color was at the time so I thought 'he' could stay around a bit longer so we could see what color 'he' was. I'm glad we kept the pair of them.

They've both just had haircuts, which is why they look so odd. I leave a bit more wool on them during winter time, not that it actually gets that cold around here, though.
you to.

Back