Homemade dispatching/butchering tools

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TriumphTriple

Reaction score
Just showing off my work. I saw the rabbit wringer and decided to make my own. I had some extra scrap metal so the cost was zero. I am doing my dispatching and butchering in my garage. Both tools mount to my bench vise and hang off enough to not create a mess. I powder coat for fun in my garage so why not have it last and be easy to clean. It took about 45 minutes to weld them up and 20 minutes to powder coat. I was butchered my first 2 rabbits as soon as the paint cooled off.

The dispatcher worked great. Clean, quick and no screaming. I cut a slit by the achilles tendon and hung them up to be butchered. It made it super easy for a beginner. A little over an hour of my time save me the $110 it would have cost buying them made.

Very nice :)

It does help to be handy ... or know someone who is :mrgreen: the one my cousin made for me 3 years ago is still working great after 500+ rabbits.

Miss M":3krhg259 said:
Wow! Powder coat and everything... how cool is that! :p

YEAH!!! And in cobalt blue, too! :lovers:

Very nice work!

TriumphTriple":3krhg259 said:
I butchered my first 2 rabbits as soon as the paint cooled off.

:congratulations:

Next step... dinner! :dinner:

Thank you everyone. When we get chickens in the spring, I will let you know how it works on them.

If anyone wants me to make them the pair, just let me know via email. I can powder coat them just about any color. I can have it shipped in under a week. I work on motorcycles on the side and winter is a slow time for me. Always looking for a reason to work in the shop.

[email protected]

Shhh... don't tell the rabbit wringer people. I've heard others say they got in trouble for mimicking the design. :whistle:

I wish I could powder coat stuff myself. I could make some awesome chinchilla cage items and repair damage that people trash expensive cages and items over because it's too hard and expensive to find someone who can powder coat. Companies charge more than the item new. Also one pair of my chins not just scraped the powder coating off the bars but ate the edge off the end of the metal wheel including removing the powder coating farther up so now the wheel is at risk of rusting. Just to prove how destructive those critters are they eat steel when bored. :lol: Being able to tap your own chin items/cage back in to shape and safely coat it with something saves you $80 a wheel about every other year and $300 a cage maybe every 5-8 years or about half a chin lifespan.

akane":2c7n53hp said:
Shhh... don't tell the rabbit wringer people. I've heard others say they got in trouble for mimicking the design. :whistle:

I wish I could powder coat stuff myself. I could make some awesome chinchilla cage items and repair damage that people trash expensive cages and items over because it's too hard and expensive to find someone who can powder coat. Companies charge more than the item new. Also one pair of my chins not just scraped the powder coating off the bars but ate the edge off the end of the metal wheel including removing the powder coating farther up so now the wheel is at risk of rusting. Just to prove how destructive those critters are they eat steel when bored. :lol: Being able to tap your own chin items/cage back in to shape and safely coat it with something saves you $80 a wheel about every other year and $300 a cage maybe every 5-8 years or about half a chin lifespan.

I have heard about that guy being like that. Also read that there are long wait times and does not respond to his clients. Honestly there is not any copyright infringement, its a couple pieces of metal. To me that just sounds like a blowhard who should be concentrating on getting his product out and taking care of his clients. Trying to intimidate people is laughable. Sorry, I don't know the man/woman, but I have met enough people like that.

By the way, getting a powder coating setup was one of the better additions to my garage. It isn't that expensive and is really easy to learn. I think my entire setup was $100. I got a used kitchen oven in my garage, that I got for free. I make a lot of custom motorcycle parts and other household items. Of course I can only paint what will fit in a normal household oven.

I think I am looking to sell sets for $65 plus $8 flat rate shipping.

TriumphTriple":3nx8yqnu said:
I have heard about that guy being like that. Also read that there are long wait times and does not respond to his clients. Honestly there is not any copyright infringement, its a couple pieces of metal. To me that just sounds like a blowhard who should be concentrating on getting his product out and taking care of his clients. Trying to intimidate people is laughable.

Actually, he's been active on this website recently. He was being very helpful and giving advice to people who were attempting to construct their own butchering tools.

Thank you for the orders.

I have a blue and flat black ready to go, if anyone wants them. All are bench vise or wall mounted. I also have 4 more ready to be powder coated. If you want a specific color email me.

[email protected]

I just have the flat black available now. Still have 4 that are ready to be powder coated whatever color you would like.

Latest posts

Back