Home from the convention

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SatinsRule

Reaction score
Just got home from Harrisburg a couple of hours ago. It was a great event IMHO, and very well planned, organized and executed.

Had the chance to meet Georgia Peach and chat with her a bit. The pictures she's posted don't quite do her justice. Very attractive young woman and has one of the nicest personalities you'd ever hope to run across.

I managed to finally place a rabbit this year. My junior white satin doe placed 3rd in a class of 27 rabbits, and one of my black satin junior bucks broke into the top 10 of his class.

Congrats, glad you had a great time. Those placings are something to be proud of.

;) dern !! i would have luved to meet up with Both of You !!! I believe the Satins were fairly close to the Palominos... so we might have passed with-out even realizing it !

We were fortunate to win one of our classes, came in second in a couple and third in three ( iirc)... The BOB Palomino was one that we sold to the gentleman in August... so i have "bragging rights" for that... :) He has taken Excellent care of the doe and she looked Great !

This Convention was Close for us...only a 5 hour drive... Not certain we will be up for 2014... That one is a good distance for us... :lol:

So am I also to assume that you won't be at the convention in 2015 either, mainly since it is in Portland, OR?

I cannot tell you how many times I walked past the Palominos in that showroom. I spent a lot of money on supplies this year, and getting there from the Satin rows required that I walk past them on the way to the vendor area.

SatinsRule":1qbka7xm said:
Had the chance to meet Georgia Peach and chat with her a bit.

How wonderful!

Very attractive young woman and has one of the nicest personalities you'd ever hope to run across.

I don't doubt it. :)

I managed to finally place a rabbit this year. My junior white satin doe placed 3rd in a class of 27 rabbits, and one of my black satin junior bucks broke into the top 10 of his class.

:congratulations:

Random Rabbit":1qbka7xm said:
Not certain we will be up for 2014... That one is a good distance for us... :lol:

I am planning on attending. I have recently made the acquaintance of a Satin breeder who gifted me with a bred doe and a buck! We will be carpooling to shows with each other and other exhibitors and the Texas Convention is on our list.

I'll see ya on the tables in Texas, Satins! :p

It was so nice to meet you,Satinsrule!

Just sayin he' is super sweet and was really fun to talk to during this crazy convention :)

I ran into another RT member but I can remember what her user name was! She and her husband were reay great to chat with and they cuddled with Sugar.

It was so great to be surrounded my so many vendors! I purchased a lot of supplies too that aren't easily acquired in Ga since our vendor is only so-so stocked.

Good job with your satins!:D

Thanks for the kind words, Peach. One of the many things I admire about you is that you were being true to your word to your boyfriend while you were there. He wanted you to don the Alabama shirt while you were there, and darnit, that is exactly what you did. :)

No seriously, you were a lot of fun to talk to yourself. Funny how two almost complete strangers can talk like old friends on a chance meeting in a showroom with over 23,000 rabbits.

Latest posts

Back