holland ,lop doe sore nose

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nathan6190

Reaction score
i have a holland lop doe that has a sore nose its red and iritated just wondering what to put on it to heal it up.<br /><br />__________ Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:12 am __________<br /><br />HELP my holland lop doe is still having a nose proplem it heals up and then starts all over again can i give her pennicillin drops topialy or inject pennicillin and how much should i give her

Do you mean her muzzle, or her nose? You need to figure out what's causing it. Is she rubbing it on the feeder or the wire or something? Can you post a picture?

Good to here. Though i would watch this doe very closely. This could reoccur and it could signal a weakness in her immune system that is genetically transferable to kits.

nathan6190":204196ze said:
took her to vet he said she had a bad sinus infection . she seems to be getting better now
That's a relief... it's my understanding that an inflamed nose area can also mean vent disease -- the rabbit version of an STD.

Latest posts

Back