Holiday Card Exchange - Deadline Dec 1st

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bad Habit

Reaction score
I was just wondering if anyone would be interested in participating in something like this. I've been involved with both activities in previous years on other forums, and thought that the RT community might be interested.

Obviously you'd have to be willing to give your address, though not on the open forum. Myself(or whomever was overseeing the event) would collect the addresses and privately message or email them to interested parties.

It would also be 18+ participation only, or with parental permission.

The secret santa would have a price limit attached(like $5 or $10, before shipping).

Just an idea. It's probably late to start thinking about these(Christmas is less than 6wks away!!!! :x ), but I thought it might be fun to see if anyone's interested, and maybe start an RT tradition!

I think it's a little late in the season to do a secret santa, however a holiday card exchange would be fun.

Provided the Admins/Mods don't have issue with it, I would love to organize this.

Anyone interested in participating should post here. I will collect up addresses, they will need to be sent to me by Dec 1st, so I can distribute them to the other participants.

Please PM me your address by DEC 1st.
Please include if cards sent to you need to be child friendly, or can be slightly off-colour adult related humour(nothing grotesque, though!)
Include any special instructions(eg, "I prefer holiday cards that have little to no religious connotation", "I prefer holiday cards that focus on Christ", "I would/would not like my username attached to my address", etc)

By joining this, you are agreeing to send holiday cards to everyone on the list, that you are 18+ or have parental permission to participate, and that you are providing a valid, usable address and not going to make people waste their stamps.

I would totally be into that!<br /><br />__________ Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:00 pm __________<br /><br />I would totally be into that!

Shipping can be prohibitive, though. I also think it might be late to start with a secret santa, only because people would need to send it in, like, 2 weeks to get it there on time.

I guess I always forget about the whole shipping thing. I'm so used to it being a daily part of my life. Like coffee or gas! lol

I would love to participate in a card exchange!

All right! So I've updated the info provided a bit. Hoping to get some input. If mods have issue with this, I would hope to hear from them sooner, rather than later :)

It is awfully late to be starting, but I think it will be fine if you handle this by PM rather than in the open forum. Members could simply PM each other or (if Bad Habit wants to take it on) they could PM her to say they are interested in participating.

Well, I figure if everyone commits to getting their cards mailed by Dec 7th, they should *hopefully* make it.

I think things work better when all the addresses are compiled by one person, and then sent out to everyone... That way no one gets missed, and everyone who wants to be involved is sure to be involved :)<br /><br />__________ Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:11 pm __________<br /><br />Just wanna get this back up there, see if anyone else is interested :)

Please send me your mailing address, and I will add you to the list!

Also, include any special considerations(IE - I would like my cards to focus on the religious aspect of Christmas, or I prefer non-denominational holiday cards)

Anyone who does sign up for this is assumed to be 18+, for legal(and moral) reasons, anyone under 18 will have to have parental permission to participate!

I'd be willing, I don't send cards but hey I'd love to start a RT tradition. I'll pm you my address.

I'm glad to have a few people signed up, but is anyone else interested? So far there's only 4 of us, so it wouldn't be an insane number of cards to send out, lol.<br /><br />__________ Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:07 pm __________<br /><br />Last day to get your name in!! I will be compiling the list this evening or first thing tomorrow and sending it out to all of the participants!

dayna":x52k6aqy said:
Yes me. Sorry I kept meaning to pm you. I'll do it now!

Haha, I was wondering. Was actually planning on shooting you a PM, since you seemed so interested in the beginning!

Back