himi or pointed

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are the same color just different names. :) There is a color called like blue point, sable point ect that is different too.

This is a black pointed white/himi
jersey_wooly_point_taken.PNG

and a blue point
n727480367_3666158_8836.jpg

Thanks. I was trying to figure out the difference between the too and just wasn't finding any. Lol I love the black pointed whites. :)

Also, don't Himi and Cal marked always have the red eyes?

I thought the pointed whites could have the eye color that went with the color of the points and the himi and cal marked always have the red eyes.

Maybe its diffrent by breed....

In jersey wooly and a few other breeds the color is called pointed white. In netherland dwarf and a few other breeds it's called himi. Thats why its so confusing. Not every breed calls colors the same name.

Hmmm, I wonder if rabbits are like cats, in regards to breed names and colors? In the cat world, Himalayan is a breed resembling a long-haired version of a Siamese. Both breeds have "points": areas of their bodies which are darker than the torso, the ears, legs and tail. Those points then have a color name attached, thus a "Seal-point Siamese" would be a Siamese cat with dark brown nose, ears and lower legs, with a lighter brown body.

They are the same in every way. The pointed whites in a breed often come from californian lines but they do not want the breed associated with producing californians or himis because they are a different breed so they name them something else. Usually this is done in breeds where the pointed white is not an accepted color. We run in to it in american sables and could show our pointed whites as californian if we wanted to.

The term Blue POINT refers to a dilute Siamese Sable , note the second picture the rabbit has DARK eyes. That is a very big difference! Also I must point out that second picture is actually one of ours... we sold her to someone as a blue point but the lady promptly began showing her as a smoke pearl.. which meant she actually beat us on the table once with her. Very nice rabbit but unshowable colour!

Latest posts

Back