Hi From Maryland

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

josemmo

Reaction score
Hi everyone :) my name is Jo. I'm currently a junior in college and looking to get a bunny for emotional support. I'm torn between a mini and french lop so if anyone has advice that could help me make a decision I would love to hear it! I've previously owned a flemish mix and I loved her with all my heart. Nice to meet you all!

Hi. Are you living on campus? One of my French Angoras became a support bunny. The student had to get special permission to have a support rabbit in university housing. Angoras are high maintenance but are really lay back and docile.

I don't have experience with French Lop but Mini-Lop have great temperaments. I have some myself. I guess if you are choosing between those 2 it just depends whether you want a small or big rabbit.

Hi Jo, by all accounts French Lops are meant to be super easy going but I'm sure someone else here knows more than me. I would really like one but I'll have to wait until I can convince my wife :)

Let us know what you decide on.

Hi. Are you living on campus? One of my French Angoras became a support bunny. The student had to get special permission to have a support rabbit in university housing. Angoras are high maintenance but are really lay back and docile.

I don't have experience with French Lop but Mini-Lop have great temperaments. I have some myself. I guess if you are choosing between those 2 it just depends whether you want a small or big rabbit.
I’m living in a house off campus and have a spacious room to myself. I’ve heard great things about mini lops and I’m leaning more towards them because of the size. I prefer a larger rabbit but I’m not so sure I can handle one as big as a French. How many pounds are your minis?

Hello Jo, welcome to the forum and enjoy.

Welcome to to Rabbit Talk! I've not had experience with Mini Lops, but do with French Lops. They are soooo gentle and loving with the sweetest personalities. I compare them to puppy dogs. I'm sure Mini Lops are no different, so it would ultimately depend on which size you prefer. French Lops grow to be quite large!

I’m living in a house off campus and have a spacious room to myself. I’ve heard great things about mini lops and I’m leaning more towards them because of the size. I prefer a larger rabbit but I’m not so sure I can handle one as big as a French. How many pounds are your minis?
They are around 4 pounds. Do you go to UMCP?

Latest posts

Back