Here comes summer.

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

karebru

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
Upper 80s in Southwest Florida, already. The buns are feeling it.
This mama Silver Fox will be free of this litter in about a week.
Meanwhile, we're sharing the ice bottles.

IMG_5631.jpg

The Havana doe in the back, left, and the Florida White buck above her, may be giving me one last litter in two weeks. Then everybody gets a break until fall.
I've put 10 in the freezer, plus the 4 in the picture... plus whatever Aja might give me. I also held out 2 SF/FW does from an earlier litter as breeders for the fall.
I think I should have waited a little longer to breed Josie (pictured) a second time. Her first litter was 8 kits.
Overall, I'm pretty happy with my first year raising meat rabbits. I guess I'll keep at it. :D

I give my buns the summer off as well. Lets me have my growers, and only keep back the best of my years rabbits.

MaggieJ":22mx23dp said:
We woke up to two inches of fresh snow this morning . . . so don't talk to me about summer! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sorry, MaggieJ. Anything above 26 degrees latitude is "north" to me. Keep em warm, or keep em cool... Gotta keep the bunnies happy. :lol:

We woke to snow yesterday too and it never did get above freezing all day. More snow overnight and cold again today. Our two young does were bred after the proven ones, figuring they'd be kindling when it was warmer. Both are due this week--the other litters at 2 and 4 weeks now were kindled when it was warmer. I'd hoped there would start being forage to collect when they were out of the nest box but now it's going to be a while. Just hope the first time does kindle in their nest boxes.

Sorry, karebru, but the northerners seem to have hijacked your thread and I couldn't resist coming along for the ride after waking up to more snow having fallen overnight, more coming down, very little above freezing temps in the forecast for the rest of the week.

Attachments

• IMG_9160.jpg
    IMG_9160.jpg
    309.3 KB · Views: 1,481
Amazing how the weather can vary so drastically!

We're mid 70's today, but a cold front is coming so I will be protecting plants for another couple nights I think. Need to check it out for sure... This is a good reminder I need to get shade cloth up before the heat really hits!

Rainey":nfp6wd13 said:
Sorry, karebru, but the northerners seem to have hijacked your thread and I couldn't resist coming along for the ride after waking up to more snow having fallen overnight, more coming down, very little above freezing temps in the forecast for the rest of the week.
:lol: No worries!
Animated_Smiley_Beach_Umbrella_SunGlasses_IceTea-1.gif

I needed to turn the fans on in the garage today. I think we topped out at 83 degrees? It was a pretty day, not a cloud in the sky. I spent as much as I could outside. Staying in the sun too long would get very toasty though.

My three does enjoing the nice weather, actually, they stay in the shadow most of the time.
Tunnel is about an arms lenght now, need to do something about that some time soon...

Attachments

• trio1.JPG
    trio1.JPG
    49.9 KB · Views: 1,452

Latest posts

Back