Help with these Lionheads

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ckcs

Reaction score
What color would you say these rabbits are? Jose is the Sire of Twinkie (DM) and HOHO. I'm assuming HOHO is a black and white broken. Jose is around 4 years old maybe older. Twinkie and HoHo are 9 weeks.
JOSE
IMG_1966jose_zps53374ab0.jpg

IMG_1965jose_zps1f8c3b21.jpg

TWINKIE
IMG_1975twinkie_zps4912d280.jpg

HOHO
IMG_1997hoho_zps0dadde86.jpg

TWINKIE AND HOHO
IMG_1976hohotwinkie_zps76823098.jpg

Jose is a chestnut, Twinkie is an orange, and Hoho is a broken black.

You want to ship Hoho to me :)

Bad Habit":2e2obgn6 said:
Jose is a chestnut, Twinkie is an orange, and Hoho is a broken black.

You want to ship Hoho to me :)

Thank you for the response. Are fawn and orange similar or interchangeable terms? We all fell in love with HoHo right away. My daughter wanted to keep him but we are putting them up for sale in the next day or two.

Do you deliver to Canada? XD

I believe it's properly called Red in Lionheads. I'm not too positive about interchanging the colour terms, I just don't know enough about that yet ;)

Beautiful Buns !

Does Twinkie have darker pigment on it's ears & nose ? In the pictures it looks like it does.
If it does then it most likely is a Tort, not an orange.

My Tort. Doe (DM) ~ Caramel
Caramel1.jpg

JOSE is a chestnut and I believe he also carries the steel gene making him darker along the belly, around the eyes and in the mane. Since he has a black daughter, he must carry the black(self) gene.

TWINKY does look more like a fawn to me than a tort. Do you know the colour of her mother and their other littermates?

HOHO looks like a broken black

Bad Habit":vz61wsl7 said:
Do you deliver to Canada? XD

I believe it's properly called Red in Lionheads. I'm not too positive about interchanging the colour terms, I just don't know enough about that yet ;)

I wish I could, I'd love to see him go to a nice home :)

Dreamerz":vz61wsl7 said:
Beautiful Buns !

Does Twinkie have darker pigment on it's ears & nose ? In the pictures it looks like it does.
If it does then it most likely is a Tort, not an orange.

Thank you !!! Yes she has darker hair around the nose, ears and parts of her face

Dood":vz61wsl7 said:
JOSE is a chestnut and I believe he also carries the steel gene making him darker along the belly, around the eyes and in the mane. Since he has a black daughter, he must carry the black(self) gene.

TWINKY does look more like a fawn to me than a tort. Do you know the colour of her mother and their other littermates?

HOHO looks like a broken black

Here are two pictures of mama (Baby Cakes). She has only had 3 babies, 1 was stillborn and the other 2 are HoHo and Twinkie. She should kindle tonight as she is pulling fur and working on the nest. It appears that she will be having them on the wire, ignoring the nestbox once again.
IMG_2023BabyCakes_zps0fa12357.jpg

IMG_2020BabyCakes_zps1a87e4c2.jpg

I agree with Wyldrose, she looks like a broken Tort and is a false Charlie (only has 1 broken gene) since she had a solid kit.

This doesn't help much with determining Twinkies colour as a fawn and tort are genetically the same except the fawn has an agouti gene. Jose could have donated either an agouti or self to her.

BUT

Since Baby Cakes is a very dark tort I suspect her daughter Twinky is actually a fawn who has alot of sootyness.

Back