Help with Colors: Satin Angoras

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olypenrabbiteer

Reaction score
[album]2420[/album]
[album]2419[/album]
[album]2421[/album]
[album]2422[/album]

I need some help with colors: 1st and 2nd Picture: Is this a chocolate Tort? (when compared to the copper agouti, the color is much more vibrant, has cream eye circles.)

3rd picture: self chocolate?

4th Picture: box of 2 chestnut, 2 copper, one chocolate? and one black.

What do you guys see? I have more pics if needed. Thanks in advance for your help!

Do the "torts" and "self chocolate" have any ring pattern? If so they are not are self based, but agouti.

Genetically chestnut and copper are the same with the high rufous in coppers giving them red look. Because of this black torts can look like copper torts and be unusually red.

Since you suspect tort I assume red (a chestnut / copper that is non extension) is also a possibility and maybe this is the kits colour.

Chocolates do not have black anywhere on their bodies (whiskers, nails, fur) as the gene prevents brown pigments from maturing into black so if the kits only have brown hairs then it is likely chocolate something.

Black, chocolate, coppers and chestnuts. The other is either a chocolate agouti with a lot of rufus, a red, or a chocolate tort. What color was it at birth? And if you flip it over, does it have a white belly? What about tail color? Chocolate torts will have a smutty tail.

Oceanrose":cqr28c3f said:
Black, chocolate, coppers and chestnuts. The other is either a chocolate agouti with a lot of rufus, a red, or a chocolate tort. What color was it at birth? And if you flip it over, does it have a white belly? What about tail color? Chocolate torts will have a smutty tail.

At birth it was a very beautiful golden reddish color, with a white belly and chin. On the tail...I haven't looked that closely for the color...I will check in the morning for the smutty tail!

At first I thought that particular one was fawn, then thought it was red, then chocolate tort....I am new at this but, they keep changing colors, as they grow! It's neat to watch. (I could see the copper agouti's redden up from the chestnut's, at first they looked the same.)

Thanks for you help :) :bunnyhop: <br /><br /> __________ Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:41 pm __________ <br /><br />
Dood":cqr28c3f said:
Do the "torts" and "self chocolate" have any ring pattern? If so they are not are self based, but agouti.

Genetically chestnut and copper are the same with the high rufous in coppers giving them red look. Because of this black torts can look like copper torts and be unusually red.

Since you suspect tort I assume red (a chestnut / copper that is non extension) is also a possibility and maybe this is the kits colour.

Chocolates do not have black anywhere on their bodies (whiskers, nails, fur) as the gene prevents brown pigments from maturing into black so if the kits only have brown hairs then it is likely chocolate something.

No ring patterns on the possible tort/red or the chocolate. No black anywhere on the chocolate guy...he's the runt of the litter and cute as heck!

Thanks for your help!

:bunnyhop:

Back