Help tattooing buns

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ralph

Reaction score
New to tattooing rabbits. Where do you get supplies which is better pens or clamps.

I prefer pens just because tattoos do fade sometimes and I have no idea how to "touch up" a clamp tattoo with a clamp. ;)

I'm poor so right now I'm using cheap-o black India ink and a tattoo pen that was recommended to me here...I can't for the life of me recall the brand though, dernit.

I use the clamp type. Got my kit either at Klubertanz or Bass Equipment. Not sure which one but both sell essentially the same kits for about the same price. Just "Bing" either one and you'll get their web site.

I've seen people use those pens but I can't imagine my hand being steady enough that anyone would be able to read it later - plus I can't figure out how they get the rabbit to just sit there while you do it.

It's taken some time but I'm getting much better at it and am actually pleased with how the last bunch of tattoo-ees turned out.

SuburbanHomesteader":2s8u76t2 said:
I've seen people use those pens but I can't imagine my hand being steady enough that anyone would be able to read it later - plus I can't figure out how they get the rabbit to just sit there while you do it.

It's taken some time but I'm getting much better at it and am actually pleased with how the last bunch of tattoo-ees turned out.

:yeahthat:

We use the kbtatts pen and love it. I found that ordering it directly from them is the cheapest if you want the same pen I bought. To help keep the buns calm we wraped a towel around them. I was able to do everything without any help beyond bringing me the next rabbit that needed done after I would get finished with another.

I have both, I find the clamp easier to use, but the pen means I can tattoo smaller ears sooner.

I use the KBTatts too ... also ordered a tin of the bunny balm, but I use orajel after alcohol swab to help numb the ear somewhat. Using that, I can pin the rabbit between my knees, and keeping the ear stretched on the finger supporting it from behind, I trace the fine point sharpie number I put in after removing the orajel with alcohol swab.

Thanks for all the advice ordered me a KBTatts yesterday. Have to wait and see if my hand and the rabbit is steady enough to tattoo. :lol:

I find it easy, if you wrap the rabbit in a towel tightly and you just leave the ear you need out.

I CHEAT!!!

I've got a custom-made tattoo-box that works like a champ!
I use the clamp tatts. Mainly because that's what I've got
and I'm too-cheap/too-poor right now to try one of those pen-thingy's.

I'll take the camera down today. I was planning/hoping to have
enough time to tat seven or eight replacement does.
I'll take some pics if I do the deed.

grumpy

Latest posts

Back