HELP!! show is tomorrow!!! :)

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PSFAngoras

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
SOOO, being a complete newbie to the show ring I have two quick last minute questions.

1. What do I put as the variety for the Champs? Standard? I mean, they really only come in one color!!!

2. How do you get urine stains off the bottom of the feet? The champ buck and the little FA doe think its cute to stomp all over their resting mat after they've peed on it. I tried a vinegar and water solution sprayed on, then rubbing cornstarch in, letting it dry, and brushing it out when dry. It did lighten the stains, but they're still there. What else can I do , and can someone tell me why I have to like the darn broken colored rabbits with their white feet so much?!

Okay, sorry, moments over, any suggestions? :)

:pancake:

PSFAngoras":mz9n0sts said:
SOOO, being a complete newbie to the show ring I have two quick last minute questions.

1. What do I put as the variety for the Champs? Standard? I mean, they really only come in one color!!!

I would say Champagne.

PSFAngoras":mz9n0sts said:
2. How do you get urine stains off the bottom of the feet? The champ buck and the little FA doe think its cute to stomp all over their resting mat after they've peed on it. I tried a vinegar and water solution sprayed on, then rubbing cornstarch in, letting it dry, and brushing it out when dry. It did lighten the stains, but they're still there. What else can I do , and can someone tell me why I have to like the darn broken colored rabbits with their white feet so much?!

Okay, sorry, moments over, any suggestions? :)

Hutch stains (the stains on the bottom of the feet) are not faults. If your rabbits are in good condition otherwise, I wouldn't worry about it. I tried removing urine stains from the bottom of a white rabbits feet and got no improvement.

Hutch stains are not a DQ... but it might make the judge place them lower than an animal without staining. :/

Breeds that only come in one color... do Not have varieties. So none need to be listed.

Good Luck !!! Have fun !

Ditto with the others...I would check your SOP for what to enter, it says what variety to enter them as. Its usually just a fault, I've never seen them dq'd for just a little bit on the feet and I've shown some that decided to roll in their pee on their pads the day of show. I've seen 1 rabbit dq'd because of stains, however it was warranted, so judges do have the option if its really bad. Was a buck that sprayed and rolled, he was completely yellow/sticky even though he was solid in color :/

Random Rabbit":3e4k7oyb said:
Hutch stains are not a DQ... but it might make the judge place them lower than an animal without staining. :/
!

I have never seen that. I always heard that they can't count hutch stains as condition due to the fact every rabbit gets them. :lol: Once it's on the hindquarters and the rest of the body, then they get marked down on condition.

HoppinHalfPints":2esck6gs said:
I have never seen that. I always heard that they can't count hutch stains as condition due to the fact every rabbit gets them. :lol: Once it's on the hindquarters and the rest of the body, then they get marked down on condition.

Every rabbit "could get them"... distinct possibility . :)

But when one sees a good New Zealand in Prime condition... i would defy someone to find Any hutch stain on that animal !! :lol:

( i then had to pull out the SOP. Hutch stains are listed under ARBA General Faults (All Breeds)...pg 30. )

Thanks for the replies all!

It was nothing to worry about the hutch stains after all. They only had them on their feet pads and neither of the judges commented on them. (Show a or b). They weren't bad, but I can be a perfectionist at times!

Back