Help please! Doe on her 3rd pregnancy with us. Acting strang

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marie

Reaction score
Hi. Our doe is on her 3rd go around with us. She will be 2 yrs old in Oct. She didn't do well the 1st go. She did do well the 2nd--gave us 5 kits. She was just mated a week ago and she is already carrying hay in her mouth. Does she want a nest already? Is she going to miscarry? She is in a different cage and surroundings than before. Could that have something to do with it?
We just want advice on what she's up to & how to help her.
Thanks!

Some does just like to build nests. Let her build it if she wants. It MIGHT be a false pregnancy, or she might just want to build a nest. :)

Hard to know what's going on in that little bunny brain. Could be a false pregnancy but about all you can do is wait it out and see what happens. She may just be an early nester or she may be reacting to the new surroundings.

I have a doe that nests super early, ten days or so into her pregnancy. Every time I think it may be a false pregnancy but so far, kits have arrived every time. Once I gave her a box, she built a nest and left it alone for three weeks. Another time I did the same and she used it as a litter box :eek:

I'd just wait and see. Could be either, pregnant or false.

Back