Help identifying baby Netherland Dwarf colors

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MOGZZ

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I am a new ND breeder and this the first litter I have that are not solids. I have a little trouble identifying the kits colors as they are Himalayans and I believe one is a Smoke Pearl. The doe is a Siamese Sable and the buck a Blue Himalayan (2 Smoke Pearl parents).

Here are pictures of the kits. They are 5 weeks old tomorrow. I initially believed all the Himalayans were blue, but I'm not so sure now. I hope someone with experience will be able to tell me if the points will develop into black for the darker buns and if the lighter bun is a lilac Himalayan.

Attachments

• IMG_3696.JPG
    IMG_3696.JPG
    207.6 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3698.JPG
    IMG_3698.JPG
    124.8 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3700.JPG
    IMG_3700.JPG
    149 KB · Views: 7
  • AXAN8502.JPG
    AXAN8502.JPG
    96.2 KB · Views: 7
Darker one looks like a sable point. The himalayans are 2 black and 1 blue; however with a sable point sibling I would not be surprised if they ended up being non-extension himalayans, but that would be very hard to tell at this age.

Thanks SableSteel. I thought the darker one was a smoke pearl because I saw no parents with sable points in the 3 generation pedigree of the father, but I don't have anything for the mother.

I'm guessing at this point a Blue Point? He doesn't look like a sable point to me.

T

Thanks SableSteel. I thought the darker one was a smoke pearl because I saw no parents with sable points in the 3 generation pedigree of the father, but I don't have anything for the mother.

I'm guessing at this point a Blue Point? He doesn't look like a sable point to me.

T
Sometimes the genes don't show up for generations so it's hard to predict for sure.

Those are definently Himis I would say Blue or Chocolate, because I have three and a half week old ND kits and they're black but they're still light

Back