Help! Doe passing pinkish blobs on due date

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Juci

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
My doe is due to kindle today and when I went out to check on her this morning I saw 4 of these small sticky pinkish blobs under her cage!

This is her second litter, the first one went really easily with no problems. This pregnancy has been smooth except that last week she developed an eye infection, which I’ve been treating with Terramycin. Her appetite has been less than normal, but she’s still eating greens.

Are the little blobs normal and I’ve just never noticed them before with other rabbits? Should I be worried now or should I wait until the end of the day to worry…

Thank you!! 5655CDAD-B918-42AD-BCD2-69C06A6C4A1F.jpeg

They're an unusual color and don't look like normal afterbirth tissue, but I do frequently find bits of tissue in the cage/underneath the cage when a doe has kindled. Maybe these are evidence of early undeveloped embryos, that were not reabsorbed for some reason...?

I'd wait till the end the day to worry. :LOL: It's not like you can do much anyway; if the doe is passing things, at least she's doesn't seem to be stuck. Just keep her water fresh and clean and see what happens (would love to hear how it goes).

They're an unusual color and don't look like normal afterbirth tissue, but I do frequently find bits of tissue in the cage/underneath the cage when a doe has kindled. Maybe these are evidence of early undeveloped embryos, that were not reabsorbed for some reason...?

I'd wait till the end the day to worry. :LOL: It's not like you can do much anyway; if the doe is passing things, at least she's doesn't seem to be stuck. Just keep her water fresh and clean and see what happens (would love to hear how it goes).
Yeah I’ll just keep an eye on her and try not to worry too much. Thank you for your input! I appreciate it. 😊

More pinkish blobs this morning, and still no kits. It’s only day 32, but I have a feeling she’s not having any this time.
The lighter blobs are the new ones and I can see the ones from yesterday dried and darker underneath.
If she doesn’t give birth today I guess I’ll assume the eye infection was too much for her and the fetuses died early on and are passing now or they got reabsorbed.

Just odd that she would have built a nest on day 17. But maybe that’s around when they died.

The doe (Lady Grey) seems to be doing okay. She has energy and is eating, and her eye even looks a lot better. That’s the most important thing to me.

E12380E0-F8D1-4658-B378-DA0067CB7BC5.jpeg
304EEED7-C663-4232-80ED-5171B876F572.jpeg

Maybe give her some raspberry leaves or raspberry leaf tea to help with contractions and some calcium?
Thanks for the tips! I gave her a tums yesterday. Had to crush it up and hide it in a kale leaf and she ate most of it. 😂 And a bunch of fresh raspberry leafs. I have the tea too though, I’ll make some and give that to her too.

Update: she didn’t have any kits! Pretty sure they aborted halfway through when her eye got infected. Maybe the pink blobs I found were what was left over from the pregnancy. She seems to be doing fine still, has an appetite and energy. I’m so relieved about that. I’m going to give her a nice long break before rebreeding her. 🐰

Thank you everyone who gave me advice! 💕

Latest posts

Back