Help! Bunny's nose is injured.

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adina8726

Reaction score
My son got a bunny from our local pet store a few months ago. Last week there were small growths that looked like warts on her nose. They continued growing bigger. I haven't been able to have her seen by a vet yet as they said they were booked until the end of the month. This morning her nose is all torn up. She ripped off the growths and looks like she is also ripping her nose off. Her nose looks like coral.

My son got a bunny from our local pet store a few months ago. Last week there were small growths that looked like warts on her nose. They continued growing bigger. I haven't been able to have her seen by a vet yet as they said they were booked until the end of the month. This morning her nose is all torn up. She ripped off the growths and looks like she is also ripping her nose off. Her nose looks like coral.
Are you able to get a photo? Could be something like papillomatosis (CRPV) which I would think may require a vet trip if the skin is broken and they are clearly irritating her. If it is CRPV then the nodules/warts can recede on their own but it sounds like they are causing discomfort..unless any other members have some diy suggestions for you! Hope you get some resolution soon :)

Are you able to get a photo? Could be something like papillomatosis (CRPV) which I would think may require a vet trip if the skin is broken and they are clearly irritating her. If it is CRPV then the nodules/warts can recede on their own but it sounds like they are causing discomfort..unless any other members have some diy suggestions for you! Hope you get some resolution soon :)

Attachments

• 20211222_130624.jpg
    20211222_130624.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 7
This picture was taken yesterday before she started ripping it off. I'll get a pic if her nose now when I get home.

That's a really odd thing! Well, with bunny wounds, we usually put on triple antibiotic, same as humans, but we've never had a bunny with anything like that before so I'm pretty clueless as to what it could be. Some sort of nose bot? Is it warm there with flies? Ringworm on her nose? Some sort of injury from a bunny nose stuck through wire? Very odd.

Latest posts

Back