Hello just joined the group, nice to meet other bunny lovers

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rabbit Warren Man

Reaction score
A few pics of my Warren. I have very very happy naturally raised organic rabbits.

Attachments

• 2FA216E0-EC69-407A-AB97-85A9503BC98C.jpeg
    2FA216E0-EC69-407A-AB97-85A9503BC98C.jpeg
    864.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 3516E69D-96AC-475F-BEED-5E7674824F37.jpeg
    3516E69D-96AC-475F-BEED-5E7674824F37.jpeg
    943.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 0A28BC37-645B-45A6-B84F-58953AA6B26C.jpeg
    0A28BC37-645B-45A6-B84F-58953AA6B26C.jpeg
    750.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 6FCD537C-A8B0-4985-8999-2E4F0D2187E0.jpeg
    6FCD537C-A8B0-4985-8999-2E4F0D2187E0.jpeg
    852.4 KB · Views: 0
fantastic, so happy to have you join us! :) mixed breeds or just what are you raising? always good to have a fellow Canadian join the forum! :)

Wonderful! glad to have you here. How many are hiding in those tunnels?:)

Is it easier to care compared to any other setup?

Wonderful! glad to have you here. How many are hiding in those tunnels?:)

Is it easier to care compared to any other setup?
They have 4 main areas to go in. They have excavated tunnels and dens under them. The entire area is 2500 square feet complete with apple trees and pear trees.
I have dust bath areas those are the blue tubs with sand dirt and diatomaceous earth to kill any mites etc.
I feed high quality Timothy/alfalfa mix and also sprout wheat and field pea mix for them. I feed commercial pellets sparingly.
I have purebred NZ and a few NZ/Flemish mixes.
I raise for food both for myself and my dogs.
These rabbits produce well. There is always a buck in with the heard but in winter the does stop breeding. The does control the cycle.
My buck is a purebred Iowa NZ.

They have 4 main areas to go in. They have excavated tunnels and dens under them. The entire area is 2500 square feet complete with apple trees and pear trees.
I have dust bath areas those are the blue tubs with sand dirt and diatomaceous earth to kill any mites etc.
I feed high quality Timothy/alfalfa mix and also sprout wheat and field pea mix for them. I feed commercial pellets sparingly.
I have purebred NZ and a few NZ/Flemish mixes.
I raise for food both for myself and my dogs.
These rabbits produce well. There is always a buck in with the heard but in winter the does stop breeding. The does control the cycle.
My buck is a purebred Iowa NZ.
I should mention that I shake diatomaceous earth on the rabbits food to kill any internal parasites and give them the benefit of the minerals in the diatomaceous earth.

How do you make sure they don't dig out and escape? Do you have fence go below ground?
My fence goes below ground and have never had one dig out.
But they do love to dig.
These rabbits are very active, fast, love all the high places to jump up on and of course digging.
I have a sitting area and go sit with friends with them enjoying a drink.

My fence goes below ground and have never had one dig out.
But they do love to dig.
These rabbits are very active, fast, love all the high places to jump up on and of course digging.
I have a sitting area and go sit with friends with them enjoying a drink.
That is awesome. This is exactly what I want to do. Do you have any heat sources for them during winter or are their burrows warm enough?

Rabbits are truly winter animals, they do not need an extra heat source they have shelter in the different warrens within the pen.
Heat is the killer of rabbits as in summer, however because I use straw bales and insulated covers , plus they burrow underground they stay at a cool temperature in summer.

Latest posts

Back