Hello from Texas!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JustWandering

Reaction score
New to Rabbits here. We PLANNED to start the rabbit venture next year. Long story short after going to a couple of swaps looking for turkey hens, more than just turkey hens were bought. 😅 That being said, I'd like to confirm colors on my two standard rex girls and get pointers on what to look for in a buck for them. The goal is to raise them for meat and hides. I'm not looking to get into showing or show quality but if I ever part with kits I want to be confident that I have raised good rabbits.
And then we have my hubby's jersey wooly boy just for funsies and fiber. 💜

Attachments

• 20220410_145607.jpg
    20220410_145607.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 4
  • 20220410_145404.jpg
    20220410_145404.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 4
  • 20220410_144958.jpg
    20220410_144958.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 4
  • 20220410_145225.jpg
    20220410_145225.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 5
  • 20220409_102048.jpg
    20220409_102048.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 6
Welcome to RabbitTalk, and enjoy the forum. Nice pics. Are you new to turkeys as well?

New to Rabbits here. We PLANNED to start the rabbit venture next year. Long story short after going to a couple of swaps looking for turkey hens, more than just turkey hens were bought. 😅 That being said, I'd like to confirm colors on my two standard rex girls and get pointers on what to look for in a buck for them. The goal is to raise them for meat and hides. I'm not looking to get into showing or show quality but if I ever part with kits I want to be confident that I have raised good rabbits.
And then we have my hubby's jersey wooly boy just for funsies and fiber. 💜
I have one pair of Rex and they happen to be the colors that you have. At least I am sure that the light one is an opal with that blue gray top and bright amber band. Pretty sure your other one is a castor like my buck. My doe is blue but she had opal and various shades of castor kits.

I have one pair of Rex and they happen to be the colors that you have. At least I am sure that the light one is an opal with that blue gray top and bright amber band. Pretty sure your other one is a castor like my buck. My doe is blue but she had opal and various shades of castor kits.
I did get confirmation that Claudette is an opal and Bonnie is a harlequinized castor. 😊 I'm waiting for confirmation on sex for either a blue/fawn tri or orange/black tri (or both because rabbit math is apparently as bad as chicken math and pony math lol) My goal is diverse hides, and nice builds with good freezer capabilities for the future kits. Hopefully I get there without too many faux pas. Lol

Back