Hello from Quebec, Canada! I need your help, let's discuss!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'll introduce myself a little bit. I'm a young farmer/entrepreneur that has recently started a pet food company. I grew up with rabbits and have always loved animals. In the past year, I was working on my farm when I realized that almost everything I grow and produce for livestock is also used in rodent food. This is what led me into the pet food industry.

I have been presented with an amazing opportunity to get one of my products into one of the major pet stores in Quebec. Anyways, I'm doing some research and development and I thought this forum would be the best place to get opinion from direct consumers!

I recently sat down with a company that produces non-veteranian suppliments for animals. I.e. organic supplements that, for example, make your dogs softer, grow their hair faster, calm race horses when they aren't racing. The options are endless. They suggested I add a supplement into alfalfa pellets, hay pellets or even regular food that would be appealing to what rabbits owners want.

My question to you is what would be ideal for your rabbit. If there's anything you could wish for from your food, that could benefit your animal, what would it be? There's no wrong answer! My goal is provide people with the best and most affordable locally sourced product for their furry friends.

Looking forward to what kind of ideas you have!

Thanks a lot ahead of time.
Matt

ideally it would just be as fresh as possible. pellets are not the best rabbit food, green growing leaves and grasses are. My favorite food is milled locally and is mostly alfalfa. If I could get it all the time I would never buy anything else, but the mill is an hour away and they are not open on weekends. Most pellets look brown and stale in comparison.

somewhere between 15-17% protein and cheap. those are my other criteria. basically.

Back