Hello all!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My husband and I raise Silver Fox for show and meat production on our Cumberland Plateau homestead. I am looking forward to meeting you all. I certainty have so much to learn. 😊
Hi! I know you!!! 😆 Your baby, Ruger, says "Hi!" and is doing well!

Welcome to the forum, it's been a great resource for me and everyone has been so very helpful and knowledgeable.1000002626.jpg

Hi! I know you!!! 😆 Your baby, Ruger, says "Hi!" and is doing well!

Welcome to the forum, it's been a great resource for me and everyone has been so very helpful and knowledgeable.View attachment 42171
Hi, Bekah!! I'm excited to get in here myself. I still have SO much to learn! 😊

Yes, I know that hansom little man! He's just precious! And I'm so glad he has yall as rabbit parents!💗

That's a good looking salad, too!

We have a small flock of Black Australorps. What about you?
We have some Black Australorps also. The best for raising chicks. We always keep a few to keep numbers up for the freezer. Actually have one right now raising some American Bresse chicks. She's not a consistent layer but will regularly go broody and allow me to put extra eggs under her for hatching or chicks when I order them. We also have a couple Easter Eggers. This batch hasn't been the best layers though so we probably won't keep them long. We have been raising American Bresse for sustainable meat and eggs. So far pretty happy with them and they taste delicious. Back in the day we only had RIR's. We still have a RIR rooster but will be retiring him and getting a Bresse rooster to cover the flock here soon. Just waiting to pick the right one. We butcher a lot of birds every year. So we focus on better meat birds but keeping as closed of a flock as possible. This season has been the most outside birds/chicks we've ever gotten. Hopefully now we are done and can close back up again.

Back