Heathertoft Artworks (updated 12/1/13, p. 3)

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kyle@theWintertime

Reaction score
Figured I'd start an artwork thread so I can post sketches, finished works, all sorts of stuff. :)

I swing back and forth between tradmat and digital...this year I'm fancying digital medium, LOL. All digital works are generated by hand with a computer art tablet and a version of Photoshop a friend was kind enough to give me. :)

The other day, I tossed this small/resized WIP sketch on my FB...

BHR-wip_zpse8f0d2bd.jpg

...it would become a rabbitry logo for Bad Habit in short order. :) I always sketch in blue, so when I ink things I don't get confused (black on black eats my brain, black on blue is better). Like I said, I sketch by hand...but I sketch "loose," LOL. So it looks...scribbly. :p

Next, I inked it, which I took no WIP shots of. I was too engrossed in reruns of Eureka to remember, WHOOPS.

Then...some slap-dash cell-style shading...and I hand-blur/smudge it in for textures. I took a WIP shot of the Lionhead; I had only blurred/worked the facial shading yet, no mane-texture or markings, but...the face was SO PRETTY.

BHR-wip1_zps8a9f5934.jpg

After a lot of fur texturing, blending, overlaying markings, detailing things like the eyes...DONE!!!

BHR-color-fa_zpse3b194dc.jpg

Since this was a rabbitry logo, I did several versions...my personal favorite is the "sharpened" PNG/clear BG one, since I love the visual effects of sharpening an image and the clear BG means it should work on any colored page without being in a brick of whiteness. :)

BHR-clearBG-sharp_zps4d8971e6.png

Got another few rabbit pictures to do...plus one'a these days I should make my own freaking logo...hmmmm. :?

I love and hate them at the same time... NO IDEA which to use for my new business cards!!! :( :( :(!!!

I think I like the grey scale best, but then I like the plain line art best, but then the one with the maple leaf, but then the one with the blue circle, but then the one with no background, but then the grey scale, but then the plain line art, but then....

Oh well, Vistaprint put their prices up again, so I'm going to wait to order new cards, gives me time to decide, lol.

I love the lop. Outstanding work I am sure Bad Habit is going to be very pleased. Onthebrightside is designing my logo now. So exciting can't wait to see finished product.

Thanks guys!!! :)<br /><br />__________ Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:57 pm __________<br /><br />BTW...I do more than bunnies. ;) I consider dogs and horses to be my specialty.

Drew this quite a while ago, but I still adore it. Lavender dun pony:

Lavender-dun-pony_zps96846efd.jpg

Someone got on my case about it though, claimed I must have no real talent because I use a computer drawing tablet and Photoshop is my program of choice...CHALLENGE ACCEPTED.

I drew this dun-colored AQHA gelding with my mouse in MSpaint. :) I'm super-proud of it!!!

MSpaint-challenge_zps75b9768b.png

WITH A MOUSE. IN MSPAINT. Sorry, that picture always makes me gloat a little. ;) Haven't heard anyone complain about my methods/technology since, either!!!

Pixel art for the win :)

I know, it's annoying when people seem to think that as long as you use photoshop you just have to think of the image and press a button, and it'll be there by the magic of technology... too bad it doesn't work that way :)

Zab":20jjuren said:
Pixel art for the win :)

I know, it's annoying when people seem to think that as long as you use photoshop you just have to think of the image and press a button, and it'll be there by the magic of technology... too bad it doesn't work that way :)

Yeah inevitably the people who claim that "photoshop does all the work" have NEVER used the program themselves. ;)

Man I WISH I could just push a button and have an image appear, LOL!!!

Some more arts!!! :) Mini Lop and some peaches for Georgia Peach Rabbitry. :)

GP-fa_zpsa02b4223.jpg

But of course, I love the "sharpened" smaller version the best. :D

GP-clearBG-sharp_zpsa277f682.png

And here's a teaser of some me-arts I'm workin' on. ;)

WIP-teaser_zps497ec403.jpg

Kyle@theHeathertoft":a1kjmwx7 said:
Thanks guys!!! :)

__________ Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:57 pm __________

BTW...I do more than bunnies. ;) I consider dogs and horses to be my specialty.

Drew this quite a while ago, but I still adore it. Lavender dun pony:

Lavender-dun-pony_zps96846efd.jpg

Someone got on my case about it though, claimed I must have no real talent because I use a computer drawing tablet and Photoshop is my program of choice...CHALLENGE ACCEPTED.

I drew this dun-colored AQHA gelding with my mouse in MSpaint. :) I'm super-proud of it!!!

MSpaint-challenge_zps75b9768b.png

WITH A MOUSE. IN MSPAINT. Sorry, that picture always makes me gloat a little. ;) Haven't heard anyone complain about my methods/technology since, either!!!

That, my friend, is pretty darn impressive! :)

OneAcreFarm":wxdciyjg said:
That, my friend, is pretty darn impressive! :)
YES. :yeahthat:

I can't imagine what about using a stylus or your fingertip on a pad, and watching it appear on the screen, would not be HARDER than using a pencil and watching it appear on the paper.

And drawing with a mouse? That's just... freakishly hard. I've done it before.

Back