hazel eyed white?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tailwagging

Reaction score
a friend gave me two rex yesterday. the buck is ALL white but his eyes aren't red or blue but kinda goldish brownish. what color is he really????

thank you
I'll look it up.<br /><br />__________ Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:18 pm __________<br /><br />look like it is.
so now, are they rare-ish?

tailwagging":3dl8mser said:
thank you
I'll look it up.

__________ Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:18 pm __________

look like it is.
so now, are they rare-ish?

Well most people who breed don't breed that color. It's not a showable color. But if you do a lot of mixing, for what ever reason, you can get then. A chin with a non extension. Usually you don't cross chin with anything but chin or REW.
Ermine- Black cchd_ ee
Ermine-Chocolate bb cchd_ ee
Ermine- Blue cchd_ ddee

They sell well as pets. They are rather unique in color even if not rare at all. Mine each had a different swirly grey pattern but we lost that doe to pastuerella. We are seeing if 2 of her offspring (silver marten and sable) can make another what we call frosties because their other name is frosty points.

Non extention is the only gene I don't currently have in my herd. Reds are a bit hard to find in Rex, even harder than tri and sable, so I can't create them.

I took a good look at him this morning. he has fawn lacing on his ears and amber eyes.

tailwagging":2h11uvu1 said:
I took a good look at him this morning. he has fawn lacing on his ears and amber eyes.

He might be a Frosty? Probably either that, or Ermine. We would love to see pics!

he looks white white except the faint ear lacing. I'll try and get pic of him when the weather gets clearer.

Latest posts

Back