Haystaching

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BunMama928

Reaction score
I recently acquired two lionheads, the previous owner thought they were both girls but upon examining them it turns out one of them is actually a boy. They are currently separated but still able to see and visit with each other. The female however has gotten HUGE over the last week. My rabbits are outside and are able to free range periodically in a well secured area at separate times. The female began digging a huge burrow in the free range pen that she has been burying and redigging over the last week. She also started haystaching for hours like a crazy bunny a couple days ago, she went through 2 crates of hay. She still looks pretty round so I have my doubts that she’s kindled already. About how long after haystaching did your bunnies kindle?

That can ber quite individual, but with looking big and doing that for days it can't be long. What is more of an indicator that she's going to kindle soon is fur puling, but even that can start days in advance.

I do not let kindle my does in tunnels (happened now and than accidentially), mostly because they are locked up in the hutches for the night because of predators, and also because I can't inspect and clean the nest. And because I could not handle the kits to get them used to me.

Make sure the male does not have access to the doe when she kindles, she would be pregnant right again.

Latest posts

Back