Have you seen this before?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luvbunnies

Reaction score
Long story short...
8 week old got lose in the yard. Mama was fee ranging at the time. She actually helped me catch him. Circling him. Makes sense when I think about it. Wild rabbits must do this to keep babies from going to far off. I've just had the opposite, lol I mean I've reached down to pick up a rabbit and another one spooks it off! My pitbull has helped herd a baby rabbit. But I hadn't seen this. Very cute. Have you seen this before?

None of my colony does ever behaved that way. Usually if they cared at all they would get between me and their kits. By the time they left the nest most didn't care anymore.

akane":3th7582x said:
None of my colony does ever behaved that way. Usually if they cared at all they would get between me and their kits. By the time they left the nest most didn't care anymore.
Yeah, seems they just become part of the group. This Mama has always been a great nester though. She's a miniature and only tart 4 or 5 at a time, once when we had her four and another 4 kits together, they were about 4 weeks. She in no time flat gathered all 8 and fed them, lickity split!

My Pibble girl is a huge help in herding the buns that manage to get out! I thought it was just a fluke, but maybe not!

Kitty102":2d04145e said:
My Pibble girl is a huge help in herding the buns that manage to get out! I thought it was just a fluke, but maybe not!
Well like I said, wild rabbits must do this. I know we've bred a lot of wild traits out of them, but there's still some traces.

Back