Hauling Rabbits

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pheasant283

Reaction score
Looking for some info. on hauling 100+ fryers at a time. How do some of you do it? I am thinking a stock trailer with cages? Have looked around on the net and not really much info. on how rabbits are hauled. Some pics would also be appriciated.
Thanks

plastic chicken crates. if in an open truck bed they for sure need to be tarped, as much in defense of the bunny huggers as the rabbits sake. What the creeps cant see, dont make their heads hurt.

Since we built most of our cages we used the left over wire and built 5 hole transport cage. There about a foot high and about 24 by 20 size roughly with doors on top. We love them. On cold days i can put 5 to 6 in there on a warm day its more like 4. We plan on building more later. But so far we only take on average 10 fryers ever 2 weeks. We have a small trailer that will hold 10 of theses cages 5 down each side. Then if we every need to have more we figured a tarp over the bottom ones and then we will stack 1 more layer. But we dont travel far to meet our truck.

randtrabbitry":3uptf3j3 said:
Since we built most of our cages we used the left over wire and built 5 hole transport cage. There about a foot high and about 24 by 20 size roughly with doors on top. We love them. On cold days i can put 5 to 6 in there on a warm day its more like 4. We plan on building more later. But so far we only take on average 10 fryers ever 2 weeks. We have a small trailer that will hold 10 of theses cages 5 down each side. Then if we every need to have more we figured a tarp over the bottom ones and then we will stack 1 more layer. But we dont travel far to meet our truck.

Heh, send them up my way... I have about 75 to process and would sell them cheap :lol:
Only a few of them are white, anyway :roll:

Most folks who bring them in to the processing plant bring them in huge cages and shove in as many rabbits as they can fit. One local meat buyer brings in two cages, each one is half the size of his trailer, and loads them in through a hole in the top. The whole top of the cage comes off so that we can catch them. It works lovely!<br /><br />__________ Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:48 am __________<br /><br />Most folks who bring them in to the processing plant bring them in huge cages and shove in as many rabbits as they can fit. One local meat buyer brings in two cages, each one is half the size of his trailer, and loads them in through a hole in the top. The whole top of the cage comes off so that we can catch them. It works lovely!

Latest posts

Back