Haskell, OK April 20th

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luvabunny

Reaction score
Show at the "bus barn" in Haskell on Sat April 20th.
I'll be going and taking my English. Doesn't look like Flemish will be sanctioned.
Anyone else going?

You folks in OK need to quit scheduling your shows on weekends that I have to work. LOL!!!

I just wish someone would schedule a show that I didn't have to drive for 3 hours to get to!
Anyone else going?<br /><br />__________ Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:34 pm __________<br /><br />Tomorrow is the day. I'm down to the 5 best out of 3 litters. Have high hopes for them.
New bunnies coming on, but show season in Okla is winding down due to heat. Won't be any more nearby until October. By then, the babies will be ready.

I'll let you know how things go.

luvabunny":163ldrd1 said:
I just wish someone would schedule a show that I didn't have to drive for 3 hours to get to!

I just with there was a show in a place where I only had to drive 3 hours. As it is now, I'm usually on the road all night to get to any show I attend.

SatinsRule":kwecq49s said:
luvabunny":kwecq49s said:

I just with there was a show in a place where I only had to drive 3 hours. As it is now, I'm usually on the road all night to get to any show I attend.

You gotta live in the great lakes states where there's like four every weekend within a 3-4 hour radius.

The show went well. Tho somewhat difficult to get to, the bus barn was a nice place to have it. All concrete floors, restrooms, good food, a good vendor, the building inside was actually cooler than outside for a change. The show coops were new and well maintained with wire instead of solid floors. The breed list for each judge was on a big, metal board with large magnetic breed names, rather than a flip chart with handwriting done in ink pen.

Turns out it was a double show. Somehow I completely missed that on the show flyers. After the first show, all of us E-lop breeders got together to see who was staying, and worked it out so there was enough to win legs on the second show as well.

On show A, I had BOV broken and BOSV solid. The BOV broken also won BOSB to a solid senior doe that I had actually raised and sold, so I was happy.

On show B, I had BOV broken and BOSV solid. However, this time the BOSV solid won BOSB to a senior doe that came from the same lines as my rabbits. I know the person showing her bought her and didn't raise her and she is using those same lines to improve the quality of rabbits here in Oklahoma, just as I am, so I was happy again. I'll place runner up to the #1 breeder in the nation any day.

All in all, I'm confident of 2 legs. Maybe more, but either way, I enjoyed the day and it was a nice way to spend a Saturday.

phillinley":60spdp3s said:
SatinsRule":60spdp3s said:
luvabunny":60spdp3s said:

You gotta live in the great lakes states where there's like four every weekend within a 3-4 hour radius.

Yeah, I hear you Phil. The sad thing is that we used to have 4 local clubs here in Arkansas back in the late 70's thru the mid 80's. I could literally attend 8-10 shows a year without ever crossing the state line. That was excluding the state fair, which was a real show back then, too.

Back