Has anyone ever used Agways chicken feed,or rabbit feed

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flemishstar

Reaction score
So has anyone ever used these products?, or heard any results from these products? I actually did a test!!! with my hens, with amazing results////I'll explain after I hear some feedback ;)

Thanks

ALDO

They "re made" their product.... new bags,they layers mash is extremely ground,almost like sawdust,no distinct corn, if you look close at it it kind of looks like brown dandruff flakes

I tend to avoid feeds that don't directly state their feed on the labels, last I checked the AGland company stated things on their ingredients list like green roughage... And other things kind of like that. Though I have my favorites, all of my animals are subject to the stewpot if they need culled for anything, so I like to know what they, and indirectly I, am eating. That's why I like manna pro gro. They still have things like soy *sigh* but at least the ingredients read as they are, alfalfa, wheat middling... Etc.

That being said, I have a friend that feeds country acres and AGland, and has has healthy, if not a bit overweight animals, so I guess it can't be that bad...

Well I have had amazing results using "blue Seal" feed with my layer hens, (and rabbits, which I use their 18% pellets) when my fees store is closed that sells blue seal and Im down to the last scoop of mash, since I sometimes forget to stock up before im done :x im guilty of being a scatter brain, Then Im forced to go to Agway and pick up a bag of their mash, which by the way is 4 more dollars per 50 lb bag than blue seal, and blue seal is a MUCHHHHHHH higher quality of chicken food... kind of like comparing new york strip steak to ground chuck :lol: well the month I feed agways food, I find that egg production starts to dwindle byu the end of the second week, shells become thinner and the weight of the egg also lessons, I mean Im not doing this in a completely controlled enviroment but I know what my girls eat lol, :p then I go back to blue seal, the eggs start gaining weight and im getting a steady amount of eggs again by the 2nd week and no more thin shells :explanation: ...Also Blue seals feed has nice pieces of corn in it that you can see,no flakes and minced other products, over all it looks like a more heartier feed, it just aggravates me that agway has the gull to charge so much more for their feed, on top of having such a less comperable product.

Thanks guys for listening, what do ya'll think

Aldo

__________ Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:01 pm __________

blue seal brand also mixes well with water do make a sort of gruel that they LOVE....Rabbit food blue seal "hutch 18" is another big win in the rabbitry<br /><br />__________ Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:30 pm __________<br /><br />HUTCH PLUS

RABBIT PELLETS
For Growing Rabbits and
Pregnant and Lactating Does
GUARANTEED ANALYSIS
Crude Protein, Min. ......................................... 18.0 %
Crude Fat, Min. ................................................. 3.0 %
Crude Fiber, Min. .... 11.0 % Max. ............. 15.0 %
Calcium, Min. .......... 0.75 % Max. ............. 1.05 %
Phosphorus, Min. ............................................ 0.65 %
Salt, Min. ................. 0.25 % Max. .............. 0.75 %
Vitamin A, Min. ......................................... 5,000 IU

Latest posts