Has anyone entered a garment in a fair?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mi_ku

Reaction score
I've tried to find info on this and I'm coming up empty. I thought perhaps someone here might have insight. I've found an entry form and a time and place to enter, but there is no contanct info for rules, etc. I'm wanting to know if it has to be an original design and such. I have a few projects that I'm kinda, sorta, maybe thinking about entering. This is just for county type fair.

Depends a LOT on the fair you're entering. If it's a 4-H type fair, somewhere on the site will be the rules. It's usually (in the Open section) your knitting/sewing/crocheting that is judged. Not the design. I've only seen one area where you have to have your own design, or pattern, and that's in a section with "original design" designation.<br /><br />__________ Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:15 am __________<br /><br />This is the entry rules for a local county fair here in Wisconsin. That's really all there is to it. By the way, "original work of the exhibitor" means that YOU knitted it..not that it's an original design.

OPEN CLASS KNITTING AND CROCHETING
Department 127
RULES
1. See Open Class Division General Rules on page 20.
2. Only one exhibit per entry number.
3. Exhibits will be accepted between 2:00 and 8:00 p.m. Tuesday in the 4-H
Forum. No exhibits will be accepted after 8:00 p.m. Tuesday. Exhibits
must be in place until 7:00 p.m. Sunday. Exhibitors must have their claim
checks to pick up exhibits.
4. All exhibits must have an attached explanation of the type of yarn used,
pattern used, and needle or hook size.
5. Entries must be original works of the exhibitor and must have been completed within the past year.

Thank you for your respsonse! I apologize for not replying to it sooner. I didn't get to attend the fair last year; I attended a funeral out of town. It's getting to be fair time again and I'm thinking about entering this year. So far I have a shrug, a scarf and a Teddy Bear that I'm pretty happy with. I may have a few other things by Sept though. Dog sweaters are my specialty but I don't think they look that good off the dog. I'm certainly not leaving my "baby" at the fair to model all week, lol.

Good idea! I've seen inflatable dummies for petstore displays, but I hadn't thought about a stuffed toy. I'm sure I have one around here somewhere that would work.

Back