• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rabbit Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Harlequin Trio in Georgia (and a few others)

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HendricksHearth

Reaction score
I have the following Harlequins available for sale:

Black Japanese Buck (proven/great temperament/showable):

Spock09-13-2010.jpg

Black Japanese Doe (four months old, great temperament, brood or pet):

Athena03-01-2011.jpg

Black Japanese Doe (four months old, sister to the doe above, great temperament, brood or pet):

Aphrodite03-01-2011.jpg

My new beloved black Magpie buck only has one testicle, so he may be available as a pet without a pedigree:

Domino03-11-2011c.jpg

I also have a lilac Magpie doe that I have no use for without a buck if anyone is interested. I will try to snap some pictures of her soon.

I would also be willing to trade any of the above Harlies for good quality Mini Lops or possibly Velveteens.

Thanks!

Lauren

Hi guys,

I'm not sure if I am getting out of Harlies or not. I don't really want to and even if I sold the above group, I would still have my best doe and best buck for the time being.

The bad news is that it took me more than six months to get new additions since no one was breeding them in my area and then it was a disaster. One doe died right after she arrived, one was small (I would be surprised if she made senior weight), and I discovered the gorgeous buck only has one testicle. The breeder said she wanted to take back the stock, but it has been half a month already with no update. In the meantime I had to turn down the only other opportunity for new Harlies I have seen in forever because I was holding onto ones I couldn't use out of courtesy.

So I am really back to where I was last year in terms of progress and it is very frustrating. I have no idea when I will be able to bring in anything new, but I figured my loss could be someone's gain. The buck is gorgeous and showable, the middle doe was my pick of the litter gal, and the bottom doe is very brindled, but is super orange and has excellent type and size. I think all three could be great additions to someone wanting to work with Japanese.

Lauren

come up here Lauren...I have two lovely young boys and even a young doe that will give you a good boost. :) If I could get them down to you it would be lovely... :)

I would take them in a heartbeat if there was a way to get them here. I know you are a stand-up gal and then some. :)

Lauren

Wow.. that black magpie buck is one Gorgeous animal! If I had any interest atall in harlies I would go for him in a sec (even though he only has one "fella" doesnt mean he cant produce the goods... LOL!) I must say, I really am attracted to the harlie coat pattern, its so unique and beautiful! :)

The Magpie buck is gorgeous- he really is. Great type, very meaty and full HQ, wonderful temperament. He was everything I wanted with the exception of the glaring defect down below and unfortunately I will not even test breed him for this. Everywhere I read suggests it is likely genetic and the last thing I would want to do is spread a problem around in the breed or to other people. Harlies need enough help as it is with their type and size being all over the place, etc.

I have to admit that I check that buck almost every day still in the hopes that it suddenly appears, LOL.

Lauren

I sent you a PM

__________ Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:49 pm __________

also I might add, i would try the mag buck if I were you and see if he throws only 1 testicled offspring. while having only one or too short of a cord maybe inherited, if it is that he only dropped one before the testicular ring closed, that is not.

Latest posts

Back