Harlequin / Tri color English Lops

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[/attachment]View attachment 3338I am receiving a couple of baby elops at convention. They are a brother and sister. The male is a blk/orange harly. The female is a cream. Their parents are blk/orange harly and blk/orange tri. They have siblings I wasn't able to purchase that were tri color.

My question, how likely am I to get tri colors from crossing the brother to the sister? Next question, how likely am I to get tri colors from crossing the harly male to any of my solid does, which are unrelated to him? (they are all sisters - 2 blue, 1 blue torte, 1 cream) The sisters are out of solid blue parents.

With the harly gene, is there any possibility of getting tri's from him if I don't cross him with a broken? If it's a genetic improbability, I won't waste my time breeding to solids and waiting and hoping, and just purchase some brokens to begin with.

I have a few other breeders who will be in contact with me with offers of bunnies for sale to be delivered to convention. With this information, I will be better able to purchase the needed colors, as my goal is heavily patterned tri colors.

Oh, and one last thing. Are crosses between 2 rabbits from the same parents but different litters still considered brother/sister breeding?

Latest posts

Back