Harlequin Angoras

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are pretty ♥
A breeder in Eastern Ontario was producing Harlequin Angoras in Jap and Magpie like crazy a few years back. They were everywhere. Now you don't see them anymore.

While showing angoras is popular..the main reason for an angora is it's wool. The wool from a harlequin spins up muddy.

(I'm a wool person, not a show person, so I could well, be wrong, but I've heard a lot of the show folk talking about trying to keep the wools pure in color)

I would love to have buns like that!!
I mix up my fiber colors when I spin, with one of those buns, its already pre-mixed!!:)

They are so pretty!!

I've a broken black and he's sort of like a two color harlequin. His wool spins up basically gray so even though he has a pattern when the wool is on him, when it's spun it's just more or less one color.

Count me as another one who thinks the Harlequin Angoras are gorgeous!

OH MY GOODNESS! My two favorites in one!?!

Whoever got the idea for Harlie Angoras, I want to kiss them! (Don't tell my hubby please)

They are so pretty!

When I spin the broken black, if the wool is spun straight off the bunny with no carding, it comes out "tweed" with light and dark separate. If the wool is carded, then the colors blend into gray. It is all dyeable, of course, so if you don't like gray go for purple!

Back