Happy New Year from Virginia!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
have a fought a battle with a MAJOR rat infestation for three years... I get the pain. And I just caught another the other day so ... I'm trying NOT to be worried that they are back. Keep your feed well cleaned up. Only feed to critters enough that they clean it up. STRONG wire on everything. And be creative with your trapping methods. Mousetrap Mondays with Shawn Woods on youtube is VERY helpful. :) As is a good bat and excellent aim. :)

have a fought a battle with a MAJOR rat infestation for three years... I get the pain. And I just caught another the other day so ... I'm trying NOT to be worried that they are back. Keep your feed well cleaned up. Only feed to critters enough that they clean it up. STRONG wire on everything. And be creative with your trapping methods. Mousetrap Mondays with Shawn Woods on youtube is VERY helpful. :) As is a good bat and excellent aim. :)
OMG. lol. I don't think I can hit a rat with a bat they are too fast! Aah. My ducks and chickens pour feed everywhere and stomp it into the mud. Plus rats eat chicken poop. But we are trying. -.-

I haven't been here much lately and I have not read this whole thread, but I recommend getting a bucket with a lid and putting a rat-siized hole in it. Mix equal quantities of Plaster of Paris and either icing sugar (confectioner's sugar) or something sweet like cake mix. The two powders need to mix well together. The small hole will make sure only rodents can get to the bait, so the chickens and any pets will be safe. This is a very effective means of getting the rat population under control.

I haven't been here much lately and I have not read this whole thread, but I recommend getting a bucket with a lid and putting a rat-siized hole in it. Mix equal quantities of Plaster of Paris and either icing sugar (confectioner's sugar) or something sweet like cake mix. The two powders need to mix well together. The small hole will make sure only rodents can get to the bait, so the chickens and any pets will be safe. This is a very effective means of getting the rat population under control.
They ate a mix of poison and cracked corn we hid under the woodpile but we shall try this too as i can hear more rats scurrying around today and they dug another new tunnel after we plugged the old ones. I took poop and kitty litter from the cat box and dumped it in the tunnel too.

Back