hamburger Helper...

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anntann

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
yah...I know. Not really a recipe...BUT....For a quick meal, which is really tasty (mike loved it), we used the Cheesy BBQ chicken helper. 2 cups (calls for a pound of chicken) rabbit meat browned in bacon grease (or olive oil, I suppose), 2 cups of water and the stuff from the package. 10 minutes later...a nicely BBQ flavored cheesy pasta meal. Adding more veggies to it (maybe a mixed veg, or just broccoli) and it would actually be healthy. :D

so. I can purchase this chicken helper box for $1 usually. There was enough food for 4 LARGE servings.

I figure you could make your own just by adding rotinni or penne to the browned/cooked meat, a couple cups of water, 1/2cup BBQ sauce and some veggies. Cook for 10 minutes and add a cheese sauce. ... or chunks of swiss cheese maybe..or gouda...and some cheddar of course...oh golly..I'm getting hungry again

I don't think I've ever had Chicken Helper, but it sounds pretty good! Does the meat need to be ground or just chopped up?

Sounds yummy!when my daughter played softball we had very little time too cook and eat something.

I just cut the meat into chunks...bite sized...maybe 1 to 2 inches. Then brown it like you would stew meat (beef).

I've used ground rabbit for regular hamburger helper and it's quite good, although you loose the "beef" taste. Mixing it with beef 50/50 solves that. I also use ground rabbit now for chili. I'm going to try "browned cubes" for my chili next time I make it. The texture is quite different from beef, tho, so I won't be able to sneak it in like I did with the ground meat. :oops:

Now I'm thinking about spaghetti. I sneak all kinds of stuff in that and fool the picky eaters I have to deal with. Spinach for the ones who won't hardly touch a green veggie, mushrooms, italian sausage for the "ew it's too spicy" one, etc. I love when I hear, "this is really good did you do something different."

Mi-Ku, you're a woman after my own heart :) :lol:

Truly, doing bunny/burger 50/50 is undetectable in flavor. If Mike cant' tell the difference.....

I've tried doing that with ground turkey, but for some reason he can tell I've adulterated the beef with something else. :shrug: maybe it's that the rabbit DOES have a deeper flavor than turkey/chicken and it grinds up more like beef than turkey does?

Latest posts

Back