Had to share...

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a warning, be ready for that baby coat!

As cute as they are, from about five weeks when their coat really starts to come in until they get their first junior coat, which happens at around twelve weeks for my lines, the baby coat is a complete PITA to deal with. I love their cute little baby antics, but every time they blink their coat just mats again. I have two that are just now loosing their baby coat, and I couldn't be more happy, but I also have nine that are at about the three week mark, and will be coming into that baby coat in a couple of weeks! Ack! :p

No No No No ain't going to have no fuzzy rabbits, not in my herd, no no no. Now if I just repeat this to myself every 15 minutes or so I should be fine.

LilacGal":1x3n4nf8 said:
No No No No ain't going to have no fuzzy rabbits, not in my herd, no no no. Now if I just repeat this to myself every 15 minutes or so I should be fine.

That doesn't work at all! I even told myself how much work they are...all of that combing! I ended up driving almost the gulf of Mexico to get two. Took us almost all day to get there and back.

So, it doesn't work. Maybe they'll come out with a pill.

The worst part of it is that's once you get one, it's darn near impossible not to end up with a whole herd, certainly if you know how to spin, because then you need this color, oh, and that color, ooh, and that colors a shade different than the others, so you have to have that one too!

I started with one. He was so sweet, fluffy, adorable, and loved to be snuggled that I quickly ended up with a general number of six just for breeding stock, and usually two litters in the nest at a time. I'm working on getting my grow out cages done so I can add three more to my breeding stock and have the six cages for grow outs.
Soon as I get a proper rabbit barn I plan on adding satin angoras too.

*sigh*

Yup, I have a problem.

But at least its a good problem to have!

Latest posts

Back