Had our 1st Rabbit meal!!!!!!!!! UUUMMMMMM!!!!!!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

desertbunnies

Reaction score
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I get it so much more now!!!! :mrgreen: Rabbit Meat is GOOOOOODDDD!!!! Last night we had Rabbit Lasanga and tonight Rabbit Burritos!!

It was soooo good. Even our friends are in love and considering raising Rabbits!!!!!

I had mine when i was a kid that was a long time ago.my mom fried it like fried chicken.

My first rabbit was also as a kid. It was just wild rabbit so I am looking forward to this winter having our first rabbit dinner with my family.

When I lived at home years ago, my step-dad raised rabbits for meat also, and mom would use it for literally EVERYTHING! We ate so much of it, that I kind of got sick of the taste, and smell. It just had such a unique smell to me back then. I'm anxious to try it again, and cook it for myself, to see if my memories are just being overly dramatic in my old age! :lol: Our first litter that goes to freezer camp we'll be giving it a try for ourselves.

well i have to say i am getting hooked on rabbit i make something with it at least once a week i can normally get 2 meals out of it normally its stew i just love the broth tonight i am trying something a bit different i am trying bacon wrapped rabbit with some roasted patatos and onions i also love looking up recipes i think i am about on my 5th or 6th rabbit lol i really want to try a rabbit meat pie and fried rabbit that will be one of my projects at some point i am glad to hear other people are getting excited about it too i just can not wait to raise them and it will not be so darn expensive to eat hopefully i will get my little rabbitry up and going in the fall

Ashley

fuzzy9":13r2eytg said:
When I lived at home years ago, my step-dad raised rabbits for meat also, and mom would use it for literally EVERYTHING! We ate so much of it, that I kind of got sick of the taste, and smell. It just had such a unique smell to me back then. I'm anxious to try it again, and cook it for myself, to see if my memories are just being overly dramatic in my old age! :lol: Our first litter that goes to freezer camp we'll be giving it a try for ourselves.
When a family eats a lot of rabbit for economy reasons it's easy to get in a rut and cook it the same way time after time. There are a gazillion recipes out there if you look around. My favorite is Cajun rabbit with a good roux for a starter. Very juicy.

The Cajun is something my husband would LOVE! I'm looking forward to trying it BBQ on the grill. We have a really good sauce we make that goes great with just about anything.

We had grilled rabbit in Burritos w cheese and sour cream. It was good! Then in pasta soooo good. Can't wait to get some more.

Mmmmm, those burritos actually sound really good right now!!! YUM!

Latest posts

Back