guinea pig feed help. protien needs?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ohiogoatgirl

Reaction score
need some help.... from a farm girls point of view, i am wondering what the content of piggie feed should be.
with farm livestock feed goes alot by protein percentage. so goat feed has 12% and 16% and 18%. etc etc etc.
so i'm curious (because i'm not finding it anywhere) how much protein percentages piggies feed should have? seems all piggie feed here at least is for purely pet, not really caring so much for more info, reasons. like "fun colored" feeds, etc with not much nutrition info on the bag. not to affend anyone. its probably just that there isnt many GPs in my area and we dont have any sort of selection.
i'm seeing if any other livestock feed is close to GP feed other then rabbit feed with the addition of vit c of course. i say other then rabbit feed because thats what i'm using now and rabbit feed is gettin a bit costly.
anyone help me? thanks :)

I *think* but don't know for sure it's a similar requirement to rabbits. I used to feed my pigs 18% rabbit pellets along with greens and vitamin C tabs.

Latest posts

Back