grow out pen recommendations

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

II Arrows

Reaction score
I believe I put myself in a Little bit of a predicament, and here's why. 2 of my does kindled on the same day four and a half weeks ago. Between the two, there are 12 rapidly growing kits I'm going to have to wean soon, really soon. I have a hutch I'm building in the garage that is approximately three and a half feet by three feet, but I'm guessing that wouldn't be big enough to house 12 rabbits until they reach 10-11 weeks. My question is how big would a grow out pen need to be for that many growing kits? How many kits could I house comfortabley in the size hutch I have now? how long can I let them stay with mama if in fact I don't have enough room in the hutch or until she starts showing signs of aggresion towards the kits?

alforddm":11ejl0ug said:
ARBA recommends at least 1.5sqft each for rabbits under 4.4lbs. Would it be possible to add a second floor, hanging bucket, or something similar to increase floor space?
https://www.arba.net/PDFs/CAW.pdf

I put shelves in my cages, it works well, and provides exercise, and helps keep them busy.

Attachments

• rabbits 008.JPG
    rabbits 008.JPG
    318.5 KB · Views: 896
Yes, I could most likely add a second floor or something along thoes lines. I just want to make sure I can give them the best lives I possibly can. I may just possibly build one giant hutch and get real creative with it.

I am in the process of building a second grow out pen now. They are both 4'Lx2'Wx2'H. I plan to have one for bucks and one for does. That way I don't get any surprises. :x :lol: :lol:

Here's a picture of the front (right after it was put together)
054 (600x450).jpg
053 (600x450).jpg

This is were it is sitting right now. (Don't mind the freezer we moved it after the picture was taken.)
034 (500x375).jpg

Hope this helps. Best of luck.

Latest posts

Back