Grit Magazine - Why I Raise Rare Rabbits

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oooh... the thoughtful and serious side of CattleCait!

Nice article. :)

Silvers sound like an intriguing breed! They would make a very interesting colony project.

Great article! Thanks for sharing here. Had my first litter of Silvers born last Fall. Interesting breed for sure.

The_Dutchess":3bc7uwho said:
Awesome article. :)

Me being a newbie and all, it was very informative. I never even new silvers existed! :oops:

I had never seen a Silver in person until I went to pick up my first ones, and I had been in rabbits for ten years at that point. I knew I wanted them, just had never actually seen one.

same here. showed with the kids for 18 years, never saw one until I got mine from Honorine.

I love the darn things, have had them for nearly 10 years now I think. Fawns are my fav, though I have/have had all three colors. All the varieties have their own personality, Fawns are the sweetest and softest, very cat like. Browns are spooky and freaky, Blacks are pushy but personable. I'm an old Scadian, and I just had to have the oldest known breed of rabbit known to man. They do grow on you. My yard bunny right now is a black named Morticia, she has a rabbit door into the barn so she can come and go as she pleases. She's been running loose for 6-8 months now, I have food bowls for her in the barn, and she's quite capable of taking care of herself. Tough little rabbit.

Latest posts

Back