Greetings from Montana

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Mar 12, 2024
Greetings from Montana. We have raised rabbits when the kids (just mixed rabbits) were small but that was a long time ago, Now I am in my 60's and we are getting into raising Silver Fox rabbits. We have right now one female (black) and one buck ( brown) They are 6 and size months old I will be having a lot of question on the breed (not very many in my area to share stories with) and a lot of questions on breeding them. Also weight etc. I look forward to getting know people here and educate myself so I do a good job at this.

Welcome! You've found a great resource! 😄

I'll reach 67 this weekend and often wonder WTH I am thinking making the jump to rabbits at my age, when I already have quail and two gardens to manage, but I did so knowing that having good clean organic meat for us and the dogs was worth the experiment, even considering how expensive it's been to get set up. And the bunnies have really grown on me! I was never a rabbit person until now. I also want to do the best job I can with them.

Mar 12, 2024
Greetings from Montana. We have raised rabbits when the kids (just mixed rabbits) were small but that was a long time ago, Now I am in my 60's and we are getting into raising Silver Fox rabbits. We have right now one female (black) and one buck ( brown) They are 6 and size months old I will be having a lot of question on the breed (not very many in my area to share stories with) and a lot of questions on breeding them. Also weight etc. I look forward to getting know people here and educate myself so I do a good job at this.
Hi! Welcome to the forum! I don't raise Silver Fox - but I do live in Montana! I actually raise New Zealand and New Zealand/satin crosses. Although I have a trio of Rex as well. The people here are so knowledgeable! I learn something new every day. Have fun!

Mar 12, 2024
We were well over 60 starting with rabbits (and quail). Love my silver fox! They are so much more than meat. And the meat is wonderful, my new favorite. We keep adapting finding ways to make the job easier. Really enjoy colony raising. Buck with several does. Free access to their yards. Really enjoy watching them socialize , mom and dad lounging together, kits crawling around. Kits removed to grow out pens at 8-12 weeks. On advice of breeder I bought from we harvest about 16 weeks for much more meat and possibility of using their beautiful pelts. Welcome to the adventure and finding your best way.

Latest posts

Back