Green Nasal Discharge?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I looked up the ingredients for the VetRx and it is just herbs in an alcohol suspension, so it certainly can't hurt them.

Are you sure that the discharge is mucous? Could it be staining from the pellets?

I have only seen yellowish green snot in one rabbit. It was a young kit and was obviously in severe respiratory distress, so I culled it immediately.

The VetRX will help with breathing at the least. If one of mine gets and discharge form it's nose, I isolate and treat it with that for a week, if it doesn't improve, it's culled. I cull about 5% of the ones I treat like that, the rest stop the discharge and sneezing and, after a second week isolate w/o treatment and no symptoms, back to the general population barn.

If the rabbit is not is severe distress, I'd bet the cause is feed dust is all, or there is actually a clear to white discharge being stained by feed. Green to yellow is usually bad enough that the rabbit is obviously in distress and should be culled immediately.

Okay thank you both, I will start treating them asap! I think it may be my hay, but it looked like a dark green so I thought it was something more.

I hope VetRX is all they need. Dark green is almost always hay or pellet dust, sickly, baby diaper green may not be but, dark, like still growing alfalfa or close to poo color is usually feed dust. If they are not in distress, I'd give it 99% odds a few days of Vet RX does the trick.

Back