Great news!!!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MatSuAK

Reaction score
I have had trouble getting my purebred Satin does to continue eating through pregnancy, delivery healthy kits, let alone take care of them if they do manage to have a few.
Starlight, however, had a decent nest, with fur :p a first, with 13 healthy popples last night. Two are smaller than the rest, and I normally would cull them for snake food, but I'm not doing anything to disturb her at this point.
My mind is happily blown as this was her 4th attempt. I was just hoping to salvage a few to foster to other does. I never thought Starlight would finally figure it out :eek:
Eager to breed her daughter, Muffin, in the next month and see if she has the same problems. One step closer to figuring this mystery out.
Starlight's dam, Black Betty, had a very successful 1st litter, but failed miserably after that for the next year. Just days ago she aborted her litter 8 days early and passed on the next day.

Attachments

• starlight's_nest.jpg
    starlight's_nest.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 519
  • starlight's_13.jpg
    starlight's_13.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 519
Nice while it lasted, but ended sadly.
Checked litter on Thursday and most still looking great, planned on pulling/culling 2-3 the following day if they didn't improve. Woke up with a killer cold and didn't check on the litter until Saturday afternoon. All dead. I figure 1 or 2 finally passed and chilled the rest of the litter while I was sick. Just can't get anything right with her litters.
My brain insists on culling this doe, and I need to. My emotions keep getting in the way.

Latest posts

Back