Got a new buck (pictures)

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Preitler

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
Hi,

after my first buck died after a fox attack :cry_baby: I now got over it and bought a new one. Should get a little bigger, meat mutt, mostly Checkered Giant.

buck1.jpg

He's about 3 months, and I really need to work on him, til now he lived in a very small hutch with mom and 3 silblings, I would consider that hutch too small for a single rabbit half their size...

So he has to learn to run, climb, navigate, and so on, he has a really nice, friendly, curios personality, I like him :)

First garden time was not easy, he was contemplating the ramp for half an hour without daring to go down. I need him to know how to get back so I didn't just take him out. Since I have a very nice 6 week old litter I let them out to show him the ropes.

Buck2.jpg

He is a bit awkward, but I'm sure that's just a matter of practice :cool:

Buck3.jpg

At last, after several visits by the kits, he made it :wr_power:

Buck4.jpg

I put a cage in my living room and take him there for few hours per day to get him used to me, have to be careful to not stress him, but he is a curios mind I think.

Preitler

Argh, isn't there a way to make them mature faster? :hex:

He's about 14 weeks now, don't know exactly, but I would like to breed my junior doe right away, my fryers need min. 4 months, 1 month pregnant, that means the deed should be done before july is over if I want them in the freezer at christmas - looks like I'm going to spend the holidays near Boston, Ma..

Won't be easy to find someone to care for house and bunnies, so I need to reduce their numbers to a minimum by then. Not to mention that there's no forage in December.

Meanwhile, my buck is a sweet and happy boy, no interest in girls, but he learned to run, hide and binky. He really likes that pile of pallets as resting place, but the day will come when he will not fit in there anymore :lol:

Attachments

• Buck5.jpg
    Buck5.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 549
He sure likes hanging out with the growouts, and he starts to sniff around the ladies hutch. Yesterday I didn't even bother to get him out of the growout hutch for the night.

Buck6.jpg

I'll try to put him and the red doe in a room in the cellar, he's already there to make it his territory, let's see if he already knows how to charm the ladies :kiss: :lovers:

bcbc.jpg

Preitler":2z5fjjy5 said:
Hi,

after my first buck died after a fox attack :cry_baby: I now got over it and bought a new one. Should get a little bigger, meat mutt, mostly Checkered Giant.

View attachment 3

He's about 3 months, and I really need to work on him, til now he lived in a very small hutch with mom and 3 silblings, I would consider that hutch too small for a single rabbit half their size...

So he has to learn to run, climb, navigate, and so on, he has a really nice, friendly, curios personality, I like him :)

First garden time was not easy, he was contemplating the ramp for half an hour without daring to go down. I need him to know how to get back so I didn't just take him out. Since I have a very nice 6 week old litter I let them out to show him the ropes.

View attachment 2

He is a bit awkward, but I'm sure that's just a matter of practice :cool:

View attachment 1

At last, after several visits by the kits, he made it :wr_power:

I put a cage in my living room and take him there for few hours per day to get him used to me, have to be careful to not stress him, but he is a curios mind I think.

Preitler

I know this is really late...
BUT THEY ARE BEAUTIFUL :p

Latest posts

Back