Gosh darn it, Dad!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kyle@theWintertime

Reaction score
So my dad is now ultra-fond of Dutch rabbits. He fell head over heels for a little blue Dutch buck I got for free because he's mismarked. :roll: He wants me to raise Dutch, and I'm getting more and more excited about the breed too (enthusiasm is contagious!). When we were discussing raising Dutch, the topic of variety came up. My dad said he doesn't care at all about variety, so long as they are "something and white."

I looked at all Dutch varieties...and tort is the prettiest; okay, time to get some torts!

So today, my dad mentioned that he kind of hoped I'd get more blues. :roll: :lol: He said he doesn't like the tort coloring as much as the blue. And now he wants blues.

DANGIT, DAD, could you have TOLD ME before I got torts??? I was gonna aim for one variety ONLY (Dutch are cool but can't usurp the Mini Rex in my rabbitry!) and now we have to have two?!

LOL, it's a wonderful problem to have. ;)

LOL! Pretty cool, Kyle. Now that you have him hooked, maybe it would be a good time to show him pictures of an American Blue. That and a Blanc de Hotot. ;)

Cross them and you'll (eventually) get blue torts, maybe he'll like those?

Bad Habit":1i0jv4pu said:
If the tort doe carries dilute, you could get blue kits from her.

Alas, she does not. :p But if bred to the blue buck, we'll get all blacks and if we hold back a black-carrying-dilute doe, we'll get blues within one more generation. :)

TMTex":1i0jv4pu said:
LOL! Pretty cool, Kyle. Now that you have him hooked, maybe it would be a good time to show him pictures of an American Blue. That and a Blanc de Hotot. ;)

It isn't the blue that really gets him, it's the combination of blue and white. I tried to point out that I have blue Mini Rex, so if he wants to look at a blue rabbit, go cuddle Breezy...he likes the 'blue bi-color' as he calls him. :roll:

Disney":1i0jv4pu said:
Cross them and you'll (eventually) get blue torts, maybe he'll like those?

Yeah but I can't show 'em so any blue torts get to go for pets or food. ;)

So adorable moment of adorable, I caught my dad petting and holding the blue buck...he was talking to him like you would a puppy. "YES, that's a GOOD boy! Good boy! Who's a good boy?! YOU'RE a GOOD boy!!!" :lol: I swear he baby-talks this little buck. Looks like he may be a keeper after all no matter what. :roll:

That is so adorable. :3 Happy for you, Kyle! Both of my parents are terrified of rabbits and will have almost nothing to do with them. o_O Considering I have an awesome pair of Mini Rex--mascots for pet rabbits everywhere--and a puppy-like Lion Lop, I think it might be an irrational fear. They don't really much like animals at all, though.

Well, good for him. My parents aren't fond of my rabbits. More my mom though, she just wishes they didn't exist, LOL. My dad likes them fairly well. Except he says I need to buy some welding gloves. And he's serious. "Well, if those rabbits are scratching you, you should seriously go order some welding gloves.". NO WAY. I like handling my animals skin to fur, not glove to fur like I am all freaked out by MY OWN animals. That's just not right, in my head. That's like wearing a mask with the goats so they don't sneeze cud on you. WELL, it's just part of it.

I'd have to agree with him, I love the blues and the chocolates. But the torts are pretty cool as well, but the blues so pretty. I'm really over joyed that your dad is getting really involved in the rabbits, defiantly has come a long way,. Maybe see if he can come to a rabbit show? There is the big one in November, heck I bet he'd have a blast!

Asinaway":1r848nc0 said:
I'd have to agree with him, I love the blues and the chocolates. But the torts are pretty cool as well, but the blues so pretty. I'm really over joyed that your dad is getting really involved in the rabbits, defiantly has come a long way,. Maybe see if he can come to a rabbit show? There is the big one in November, heck I bet he'd have a blast!

He's considering it, but after being told how a show operates he's less excited about attending. :roll:

I brought the little blue inside...my dad walked in, saw the blue on my lap, and said "Hey, there's my rabbit!"

O RLY? HE'S YOUR RABBIT NOW??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts

Back