Good News!!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cohen Rabbitry

Reaction score
Well, I went to my very first show this past weekend in Sedalia, MO. It was 2 shows and also a specialty show. I had a BLAST! I learned alot of great things and everyone was SO helpful! I didn't feel out of place like I usually do in social situations, I felt welcomed. This is who I took....

FFR's Tzel-Junior Black MR Buck

FFR's Teme-Junior Broken Black MR Doe

Reed's Comfy-Senior Castor Doe

Show 1: Tzel-The judge hated him, and the judge says that he bit him :(

Teme-Very promising, very good head, nice length, fur not finished

Comfy-Out of condition, good length, nice head

Show 2: Tzel-very good length, small head, thin fur

Teme-Very promising, fur not finished

Comfy-I scratched due to condition of fur

Specialty Show: Tzel-thin fur, very good length, very promising

Teme-Very promising, fur not finished. Place 1 out of 5.

Comfy-Nice doe, good length, nice head, fur out of condition

I also got a Senior Broken Castor Buck at the show! :)

All in all it was a great learning experience and I can't wait til my next show in February!

Rachel

Rachel,
a very good showing for the first time out!
At least now you know you have something to work with.:goodjob:
Best of luck in February!
Ottersatin. :eek:ldtimer:

Shows can be a lot of fun. There are always friendly and helpful people there (Especially if your stock is not challenging their breed :D)

billylilwigeon":21pjuyib said:
Glad you had a great time. Maybe we can meet at the Anderson, MO show the last weekend in February.

I will defiantely be there! I will be the one that doesn't know anything. ;) I also tend to be up with my rabbits forever before they need them because I am afraid of being called and me not being up there. :D I had my junior broken doe in my arms for 22 SR bucks, 18 SR does, and 14 JR bucks before I could put her up....so I waited FOREVER! LOL But I just watched and tried to get an idea of what the judges are looking for, how they are posing them, etc. Can't wait to see you there!

Rachel<br /><br />__________ Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:23 pm __________<br /><br />Any ideas on how to help a juniors coat come in? Or is it just a waiting game?

Rachel

I had my junior broken doe in my arms for 22 SR bucks, 18 SR does, and 14 JR bucks before I could put her up....so I waited FOREVER! LOL

And she didn't pee on you? :lol: I saw a woman at a show once (last year?) who was carrying a rabbit around for ages and it did. She wasn't showing, she was all dressed up. :roll:

Glad you had fun. Rabbit shows are a great way to learn how your rabbits compare to other rabbits, as well as the standard.

Half Caper Farm":316v2rte said:
I had my junior broken doe in my arms for 22 SR bucks, 18 SR does, and 14 JR bucks before I could put her up....so I waited FOREVER! LOL

And she didn't pee on you? :lol: I saw a woman at a show once (last year?) who was carrying a rabbit around for ages and it did. She wasn't showing, she was all dressed up. :roll:

Glad you had fun. Rabbit shows are a great way to learn how your rabbits compare to other rabbits, as well as the standard.

oddly enough, she didn't. She didn't even poop on me! :lol:

Rachel

Cohen Rabbitry":7l15xnkb said:
oddly enough, she didn't. She didn't even poop on me! :lol:

Rachel

That is strange. I could pick up any one of my rabbits and carry them 10 feet to the grooming pad, and they are guaranteed to drop no less than 3 pills between the cage and the pad.

Latest posts

Back