Going for some does

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Proper2

Reaction score
Wow! I actually really like their heads! I love a big round blocky head on a rabbit, even a meat rabbit.

Hey there!

Hi, it is so great to have a member from Poland. Europe and the neighboring countries have done so much more work than we have where I live in the US. I hope you will post often and tell us all about your rabbits, housing and the breeds in your area. The heads on your NZW are huge compared to ours in North America. Those massive heads are really terrific, I know a few breeders here that would love to be able to breed that feature into their rabbits.

It is great to meet you. :)

Sooo much more fur on the ears, small ears--adaptations to cold weather? The extra fur could be making the head blockier too. Really interesting, thanks for posting!

Sure i will keep posting how its goin here, in about 1 month i schould be expanding :)
Actully im from scandinavia but moved here to poland
I am beginning to build some extra cages, i saw some good examples here, want to try give them some good space
So lot of work, but its all fun

avdpas77":1dixb5es said:
Hey there!

Hi, it is so great to have a member from Poland. Europe and the neighboring countries have done so much more work than we have where I live in the US. I hope you will post often and tell us all about your rabbits, housing and the breeds in your area. The heads on your NZW are huge compared to ours in North America. Those massive heads are really terrific, I know a few breeders here that would love to be able to breed that feature into their rabbits.

It is great to meet you. :)

There seems to be a lot more bone on UK/European anything. For some reason the US breeders seem to like finer bone. We ran into this when we bred Jack Russell terriers as well, the UK judges would come over to judge and give a talk and they would say we needed (as a country) to breed more 'bone" in! LOL Although that huge blocky head in nethies has caught on here as well as into the Hollands now.

Devon's Mom Lauren":1qmcth64 said:
There seems to be a lot more bone on UK/European anything. For some reason the US breeders seem to like finer bone. We ran into this when we bred Jack Russell terriers as well, the UK judges would come over to judge and give a talk and they would say we needed (as a country) to breed more 'bone" in! LOL Although that huge blocky head in nethies has caught on here as well as into the Hollands now.

Yeah, it's amazing how different the same breeds are overseas. I'm sincerely hoping we can stay true to the original Thrianta type and stay away from a true compact, fine boned, snipey faced rabbit as the American taste tends to trend towards for whatever reason.

How big will your New Zealands get? Does the bone/meat ratio change depending on if they are European or US stock? I love the bigger heads!

They will be arround 5kg
I cant say about the bone to meat ratio, i think the same just bigger heads:)<br /><br />__________ Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:23 pm __________<br /><br />I just brought them home
2 NW and 1 Californian :)

Proper2":1gja08wn said:
They will be arround 5kg
I cant say about the bone to meat ratio, i think the same just bigger heads:)

__________ Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:23 pm __________

I just brought them home
2 NW and 1 Californian :)

Congrats on the new rabbits ! 5kg is the exact same weight they are here.

I love love love the bone on them, I can't stand fine boned rabbits.

Back