Ginger and Licorice's popple pix

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maxine

Reaction score
looks like opal,black,orange,REW BEW or sable,chocolate,agouti,
those are all guesses, but I am getting better at kit colors!
what color is the dad? (is ginger a tort?)
cause you sure got a rainbow!

I love the orange, so pretty!

Ginger is a black tort (self, black, carries a blue, carries himalayan or REW and is non extension)
Licorice is Cali marked and is agouti, carries a self, black, carries a blue and carries a non extension,

It is a bit early to be accurate and I cannot tell if any white bellies so from the last picture I guess:

Blue, black, chestnut, Cali, Cali, fawn, chestnut, chestnut,

Well I am very excited to see what they look like when their fur comes in. :)<br /><br />__________ Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:54 pm __________<br /><br />Of Ginger's popples which ones do you think will have her coloring? If she's a black does that mean her black offspring will end up being tort?

Thanks. I love the variety. It's going to be hard to pick which doe we save for our family 4-H pet. I really like the reddish colored one as well as the whitish gray ones.

I took some today. Need to get them on the computer.<br /><br />__________ Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:40 pm __________<br /><br />Here are Ginger's 1 week old popples all in a row.

IMG_0377 by beelion77, on Flickr

Pretty little baby...

IMG_0379 by beelion77, on Flickr

Shiny baby

IMG_0381 by beelion77, on Flickr

And these are Licorice's 8 at one week old.

Licorice's popples 1 wk 3/7 by beelion77, on Flickr

Adorable baby

Both does gave me a blue. It's always the favorite of anyone who visits and among my family. We may keep one of them. I'm partial to the reddish one though and those creamy gray colored ones from Ginger. We'll see. We need to pick one for our 4-H rabbit.

Genetically red, orange, fawn and cream are all the same ( agouti & non extension) except for the number of Rufus factors. If you have a blue, chocolate or lilac it will change a bright red to a lighter shade and washout a cream to almost ivory.

What very cool colours Ginger had!

The light ones turned out to be shaded (looks like dark shaded gene to me) and the blue looks like it might have some ticking so could be an opal. The I don't think the blacks will be torts but there is something weird going on, they look like they have brown on their necks and one looks really black compared to the others.

I cannot wait untill they fur out a bit more!

Dood":auqu81d7 said:
The I don't think the blacks will be torts but there is something weird going on, they look like they have brown on their necks and one looks really black compared to the others.

could be sun bleached!
can kits be sun bleached?

3 of the darkest have an almost bronzed sheen to them. One is all black.

Back