Getting ready for fair

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill

Reaction score
We had the goats out today for their walk and I actually remembered a camera so.....

Attachments

• goatwalker.jpg
    goatwalker.jpg
    560.5 KB · Views: 569
Ni-i-ice Boers, Bill!

Goats like that would go for at least several hundred dollars out here in CA.

I used to exercise my Great Danes the same way, using our Kawasaki Mule!

Question- why dual ear tags? What do they each signify?

Thanks MSD, they are our Grandkid's market goats for the Georgia National Fair and our local show next month. 4 are wethers and 1 is a doe, so the wethers are only good for BBQ.

One tag is the State tag for the shows and the other is the scrapie tag that has to stay with the animal to trace it back to it's herd of origin if needed.

Good luck to the Grandkids at both events! I'm no goat expert, but they look like very nice animals to me, and I think they will do well. Please post pics when they are all groomed for the big day(s)!

Will you be keeping the doe for breeding, or selling her?

Thanks and we will. Hopefully we'll remember to take the camera to the pig pen one day this week too. The doe came from one of our neighbors and he may want it back to breed, he has first rights to it, if not she'll go to the sale barn and I'm sure she'll go into someone's herd for breeding. We kept small herd of does for a few years but the lack of good fencing and parasites in our humid climate convinced us goats weren't for us.

Very nice, you can just keep driving north if you please :twisted:
I'll flag you down when you've come far enough :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back