Getting antsy....***UPDATE***

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OneAcreFarm

Reaction score
So, if they took, my does are due in 10 DAYS!!!!!! Seriously, it is almost as bad as when I was pregnant! lol

LOL...I know the feeling, we are now breeding 2 does a week at least til we run out of does to breed, but it still seems like forever waiting for them to kindle. Except ofcourse our doe last week that kindled at 27 days, that was a real surprise.:)

new does tense up and are hard to palpate. they won't even look pregnant until right before they deliver--like a few hours before. Just wait it out, they are likely bred. put in the nest box on day 28 or 29, give them hay and see what they do....

eco2pia":1xfoja1f said:
new does tense up and are hard to palpate. they won't even look pregnant until right before they deliver--like a few hours before. Just wait it out, they are likely bred. put in the nest box on day 28 or 29, give them hay and see what they do....

hmm...me and waiting....not so good! :x I am trying to be patient....I really am... :twisted:
I keep putting a big pile of hay in their cage to see what they do with it....so far, they just start eating it and look at me like "what? its food..." so then I take it out and put it in the hay rack.... :D

Rock'N 4 Rabbitry":1086me7r said:
Less than a week to go also for us. I am not so sure she is prego now. :S

I was actually starting to think that we weren't going to get any kits after all...but today I put the nest box in with two of them and Padme started nesting like crazy! Hay moustache and all! It was so exciting to see her go around and pick up every little scrap of hay and bring to the box...I gave her a bunch more and she wore herself out fixing the box. Then she plopped down for a much needed rest. So...we should be having kits in the next few days! So excited! :eek:) I am sure yours will be getting there soon!

I have a litter of Satin Angoras due for the 26th. *fingers crossed*

She started building her nest two days ago or so, so I'm hoping she is just an early nester and isn't having a false pregnancy.

Best of luck with your litters :) !

Epic":2k27zdtt said:
I have a litter of Satin Angoras due for the 26th. *fingers crossed*

She started building her nest two days ago or so, so I'm hoping she is just an early nester and isn't having a false pregnancy.

Best of luck with your litters :) !

You too!

CONGRATS OneAcreFarm!!! :wbounce: I can see your excitement from just your post! Woo Hoo! May she give you lots of healthy popples!

The same thing just happened here sunday. I honestly didn't think she was bred, but hubby and I were out checking everyone sunday at noon, and he happened to notice that morning she didn't eat any of her breakfast. We put a nest box in, along with a clump of hay, and instant nesting mode. By 2:00 that same afternoon, we had 6 little popples in the nest. I am quite glad she had them in the afternoon, she didn't cover them, and it was cold out. So we covered them, and then she took over that night, building a nice hay nest for them, with her hair and popples inside. So far, all 6 are doing good!

These will be your first popples, won't they? This is only our second litter, and it is so exciting, isn't it???!!!

fuzzy9":1mx89fqw said:
CONGRATS OneAcreFarm!!! :wbounce: I can see your excitement from just your post! Woo Hoo! May she give you lots of healthy popples!

The same thing just happened here sunday. I honestly didn't think she was bred, but hubby and I were out checking everyone sunday at noon, and he happened to notice that morning she didn't eat any of her breakfast. We put a nest box in, along with a clump of hay, and instant nesting mode.

These will be your first popples, won't they? This is only our second litter, and it is so exciting, isn't it???!!!
Yes, our first ones! I have to go home tonight and give the third doe her nest box. So far I have one that nested for a while, then took a break, one that is just snacking off the hay and one that doesn't have a box yet. We shall see what I find when I get home...

I will put the nest box in tomorrow or have the kids put the nest box in Thursday. I am kind of sad that I won't be able to sit and watch her cause I am having Knee Surgery Thursday. But I will make the kids bring them to me. To watch and check on.

I get that ALL the time! LOL :)
Nope, no bunnies yet, but three nice nests made of hay. They aren't actually due until Friday, and they have not started pulling fur yet.

Heck, I'm excited for you!!!! :lol: I just tipped our first nest box, and the kits are popping all over the place. It's so cute to watch them eat, explore, and pester mom! It's nice to finally get to hold them too. You will love the kits!! Just watching them is great entertainment!

Our first attempt at babies failed. But we have about two more weeks before our next doe would be ready.

I tried palpating just can't get the feel for it. So I stuck her in with the buck 20 day into her pregnancy and she didn't want anything of him.

Latest posts

Back